cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which new iPhone are you most excited about?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi guys,

As you all know, this week Apple announced the upcoming launch of several new iPhone models which you can see below.

iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png

They all look and sound absolutely fantastic heart_eyes, and I'm sure you're all very excited about getting your hands on one of them or finding out what they are like from first hand reviews. You can read more about the specs and current details available for each of these devices on the links above. More information on pre-order and launch dates, including a Q&A can be found here.

So which one of these are you looking forward to the most, and will you be pre-ordering?

Let us know in the comments smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s if he gets it on the release date or you’ll see him back here venting his fury

Message 11 of 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Not a single one of them.
They may have a cpu that can do trillions of calculations a second, but failed to mention that that part of the CPU controls the animated poo emojis.
The Sims for the rest of it don't make sense, 7nm CPU should add almost 25-35% battery life, but it only gets half an hour more than X (or 1.5 on the XS mortgage edition) which has worse battery life than S9 exynos (awful). so why is the battery already seemingly so bad on XS?

Oh and there is just one more thing.. (lol)
Apple will no longer provide the lightning to 3.5mm adapter, they are that tight and hard up, they will now sell you one.

Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
Not a single one of them.
They may have a cpu that can do trillions of calculations a second, but failed to mention that that part of the CPU controls the animated poo emojis.
The Sims for the rest of it don't make sense, 7nm CPU should add almost 25-35% battery life, but it only gets half an hour more than X (or 1.5 on the XS mortgage edition) which has worse battery life than S9 exynos (awful). so why is the battery already seemingly so bad on XS?

Oh and there is just one more thing.. (lol)
Apple will no longer provide the lightning to 3.5mm adapter, they are that tight and hard up, they will now sell you one.

LOLing

Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:
Apple has always been about image and profit. Only when sales started to reduce they produced budget models with caveats.

I seem to recall it had more to do with Apple wanting to improve sales in China, and with the iPhone 5C they wanted to offer a product that would compete with some of the cheaper Androids coming from that particular market. But I don't think they've ever had a problem with sales generally, and let's be honest, Apple have never done a "budget" model as such. Their current "entry level" model is an iPhone 7, which is still a capable handset with respectable specifications. It's price may have dropped significantly since its launch, but at £449 it's not exactly cheap, and I wouldn't describe it as being a budget priced handset.

Message 14 of 29

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Budget and Apple is a kind of tongue in cheek statement. At the moment I am a cheapo when it comes to phones. Although I don't buy low end stuff either.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:
Budget and Apple is a kind of tongue in cheek statement. At the moment I am a cheapo when it comes to phones. Although I don't buy low end stuff either.

If you're on a budget, then there's always going to be more choice with Android, and you do generally get more bang for your buck. But I think for a lot of people it's more about the operating system, and rightly or wrongly, there is a perception that iOS is more secure, and there are none of the usual concerns about data privacy that seem to have affected many Android users.

But I've always kept an open mind about these kind of debates though, and I certainly wouldn't rule out a return to Android  wink

Message 16 of 29

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
The thing is both ios and Android are built it on similar principles. You can run a terminal in both and the command lines are the same or similar as linux and iOS are all based on Unix in one-way or another.

Any security updates are dealt with and just not really discussed. The based way to think about mobile operating systems are that they are embedded and flashable.

Android does give you more scope and the majority of security problems happen at root administrator level where the general user has no access to.

I'm not really phased by iOS and it seems easy enough to work. A lot of security risk come from people using 3rd party apps which systematically collect data and exploit at a later time and not just developer errors.

For this reason i only use free or included malware detection. The it protection is just another industry developed to keep hackers and others im business as far as I am concerned.

NHS, tax details etc. Should be secure. Not being stupid and giving away your personal details through crappy apps is the best security.
Message 17 of 29

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Just my thoughts.
Message 18 of 29

danco
Level 3: Thinker
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I am still wondering whether to get an iPhone. My computer is a Mac (2011 MacBook Pro) and I have an iPad, so an iPhone makes sense.

But I currently have a Moto G4, and don't find I miss the synchronisation that I would get with an iPhone (I don't use calendars, reminders, etc), so I might go for a better Android phone rather than one of the new iPhones.

I am dithering between the iPhone XR (the others are way too expensive) and the OnePlus 6 (probably the 6T when it's out) which would be a lot cheaper.

Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danco wrote:

I am still wondering whether to get an iPhone. My computer is a Mac (2011 MacBook Pro) and I have an iPad, so an iPhone makes sense.

But I currently have a Moto G4, and don't find I miss the synchronisation that I would get with an iPhone (I don't use calendars, reminders, etc), so I might go for a better Android phone rather than one of the new iPhones.

I am dithering between the iPhone XR (the others are way too expensive) and the OnePlus 6 (probably the 6T when it's out) which would be a lot cheaper.

I was in a similar situation myself a few years ago, when I had a MacBook Air, and an LG G4. There are always ways around compatibility issues, and I know a few people that run Microsoft software on their Apple devices, so it's less of an issue than it used to be. But then when I had problems with the LG handset, I wasn't too impressed with the aftercare service, and that's one of the reasons why I eventually returned to Apple. Not only that, but today is another example of how much better Apple are when it comes to releasing the latest software updates (waiting patiently for iOS 12 thinking).

I am interested in the XR, but at £749 it's still more than what I'm prepared to pay. I would like a bigger screen, but I don't think I'll be changing my iPhone 7 just yet.

Edit: to add clarification.

Message 20 of 29