cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Webmail Hiding on O2 Home page?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been searching O2 site all morning looking for somewhere that might indicate how to log in to Webmail to read my o2 email.

The whole site seems to be obsessed with Mobile access be it phones text broadband and simple Webmail access from any PC anywhere in the world has been hidden from public view. Is there some discrimination against people using ordinary PCs to access webmail on the O2 site?

I used to be able to find somewhere a little Envelope Icon that linked to Webmail login, but if I'm lucky enough to find one on the O2 site it links to a dead page. So I give them 1 out of 10 for design and thoroughness and have to say I don't like O2's webpages at all, they're fussy and very muddled. Anyone there can help me with clarity on this? Is it just me?
--
Plado.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 is now owned by a spanish comapany Telefonica? This new layout is awful,
they deliberatly make it hard to get to webmail so you are forced to look over there entire site over and over as I have in the hope you'll get "mobile email" and maybe a new iPhone to boot, get it? its all about the money, and free webmail for free is hassle to O2 to pay for and administrate. Being fare and for balance my old o2 broadband deal 8mb for £7.50 a month was amazingly good sooo much better than BT, but I needed BT to get O2 so goodbye O2 shanme that one, BT are the worst ever just my opinion.

Right Clicked on your O2 EMAIL link above and saved it to my desktop thank you!
(until they change it)

Dear O2 I'm ditching my O2 simcard for which I have been a regular subscriber and topper upper for many years, but theres no ONE TOUCH direct link to email??? goodbye.

I'm off to Virgin 300texts 200mins (to any network) £10 (Metro paper advert)
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
turns out saving that link to my desktop did not work
I have to now search GOOGLE to find it!!! and its almost the top hit on google about 3rd link down! search o2 webmail and you get this forum!, have you noticed how these forums arnt really moderated? they use Bots to look for keywords like swearing and thats it no helpful human to say "oh yes Im a top moderator I'll report this to the webmaster immedialty", its like someone said earlier
its a SALES PORTAL :robotmad:

this is crazy!! O2 your gonna loose so many customers over this!!
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
have you noticed how these forums arnt really moderated?

Humans do moderate these forums, but they are instructed to do it without saying anything.

I sympathise with the frustrations about the new website, it's either very slow or fails to load at all. The "massive tabs" design is all gloss and does nothing for usability.
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Blimey! Silent secret moderators who are under orders to be silent Monks, sitting in judgement upon us mortals! What is the world coming to with creepy censors lurking in the background.
I reckon even those are just reporting to O2 which customers to "watch". Let's hope they are really feeding back details of what we lot are tearing our hair out over.

I do see your point about how they are pushing a sales portal but there isn't any need to be like that. I mean look at BT, they have at least got a way of looking after all the customers who want to access webmail, even after they were all merged up with Yahoo. Their site is a mess but I can just get straight into my webmail.
Another thing about Webmail while I'm on the topic, BT used to filter out spam into a spam folder and it was receiving on my account at least 150 spam messages a day and I used to go in every three days or so and trawl through it all in case something important got pushed into the spam that I wanted to receive. But suddenly after December 2008 they seem to have finally discovered how to remove the real spam before it gets there as my account on btinternet now gets only about 6 spam messages a day at the most. So what have they started doing right all of a sudden.

Freeserve used to be like that with millions of spam messages coming in and you had to delete them a page at a time which took an age to load. I got so fed up with it I let the account kill itself over 90 days and never used it again.

I'm glad I managed to help someone on here with a quick pathway to the webmail. I don't even need a link now, I just go to O2 home page and click the drop down list for MyO2 and then get the webmail page.

One thing I really like about o2 is their smtp mail sending server is an OPEN one. This means that I can send email out from another identity such as my broadband home one which is waitrose.com and it posts through the O2 server when I'm connected to O2 mobile broadband. Most servers reject that and only allow POP3 mail collection from other accounts.

I've already worked out how to send email out to someone using my O2 email identity, but with the email appearing to be from one of my other email addresses. This is a good way of sending email to a Company when you are doing business with them but you don't want them to know your real Email address, in case they put you on a spamming list. I know it's not strictly playing the game by the rule book but you have to box a bit clever with emails to stay out in front of being caught out.

This only applies to email sent from Outlook Express or Thunderbird, as you can't spoof an identity on webmail headers.

Thanks to all for listening to my ranting on.
You've all been very useful and helpful.
Cheers
--
Plado
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hurrah! Webmail link is back on the home page in plain sight. And it works. Well done, O2, please try not to break it again.
Message 15 of 15