Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Is Everybody?

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
The forum is dead. Very few questions being asked. Very little chat in Off Topic. Few new topics being raised.

What's happened and why?

Any suggestions, ideas on revival most welcome. As at the moment it appears to be dying and I for one don't want to see that happen.

Help urgently needed!
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

You make a very good point @Mi-Amigo.

I am an 'oldie' though not a technophobe. However, I'm not a tech wiz like many on this forum so help where I can on the non-tech questions but post mainly in Off Topic.

When I joined, nearly 2 1/2 years ago, we had 2 places to go, one where no tech talk was allowed and the Virtual Lounge where we could chat about anything over virtual drinks. The threads were long and fun until a new head of community decided both threads were too long and set up new threads. It caused an uproar and we now only have the virtual lounge where things have never really been the same.

If you have any ideas for new topics in Off Topic, feel free to post them. What this community needs is new blood and new interesting topics to get people talking, joking, laughing and making it the fun place it was when I joined.

Message 11 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

When I joined 6 years ago I was a technophobe. In fact I had been dragged kicking and screaming into the world of smartphones by my sons.

I asked a question and found no-one laughed at my stupidity. So I stayed. Made some great forum friends along the way. One of the regulars taught me a very valuable lesson...'The only stupid question is the one you never ask' (Thanks @Bambino) x

Now I'm not such a technophobe (only half of one joy) and find I can help out with many of the questions asked. I also enjoy the banter and love off topic....

@Mi-AmigoI see you have posted in Off Topic today. That's a great subject and one I enjoyed joining in with. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 19

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:
This is why I posted my how to get more members post etc the community seams to be dying on its feet so to speak !

I fully got your post @adamtemp64 and I  agree with you this community is dying on its feet.  We need new members posting fresh ideas to bring it back to life.

I'll be honest, I'm fresh out of ideaa at the moment. My post is a cry for help for the community.

Maybe it should be made clear that you don't need to be a tech wiz to be a member. Technophobes are also welcome. Though no technophobe myself, I love reading about new tech, my own knowledge which has improved since becoming a member is still limited. Which is why the majority of my posts are still in Off Topic. 

Message 13 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks everyone for all your comments and for sharing your concerns! We appreciate all the feedback, and everything you've shared up until now on the new homepage has been taken on board. We'll share more details on our next steps soon. thumbsup

We also wanted to reassure you that the community is still alive and kicking: for example last week we had 43% more topics than the same week last year, and 21% more replies. We're also working on trying to get more new members, and as @adamtemp64 spotted earlier this week we had a shoutout on social media. It's one of the many things we're working on in the background. wink

Do you think it could feel quieter because the Latest topics section is a little bit further down on the homepage now than it used to be? We'd like to understand better where this impression is coming from, as it's not something we've noticed on our end. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 19

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25011 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT

I would just like to say how much I appreciate the effort you have put in. I know from experience, as I was admin to unrelated forums way back, how much time it takes and that not everyone will be happy all the time.

My only comment, and in no way is this a criticism, is to "bump up" and/or make info on posting on threads or creating a new topic more visible on the home page - as this might help attract new people.

As I say, this is only a thought and being new to this forum more than likely has been already considered.

Thank you so much to you and the other posters for making me feel so welcome and as you`ll see I am so getting into it with posts and starting new threads - just hope I am not a pain in doing this.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not a pain at all @Mi-Amigo

Very pleased you are here and joining in wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT

You asked "Do you think it could feel quieter because the Latest topics section is a little bit further down on the homepage now than it used to be?"

Yes, is the answer from me. I have really really tried with this new layout and to be honest it gives me a real headache looking for stuff nowadays. I am constantly bookmarking sections so I can get to them more quickly.

I honestly don't think a system which NOW requires 3 clicks to find what you want, is anyway superior to having something displayed on the homepage which required only ONE click. scream

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's really lovely of you to say, thanks for your kind words, @Mi-Amigosmiling 

It's a good point that you make about making how to post clearer, it's important for us to gather everyone's perspective as we all have different ways of browsing and using the forum. I'll add it to the rest of the feedback we've gathered, and if feel free to share any further suggestions or comments with us, privately or publicly!

I also second @Cleoriff's comment on how pleased we are to have you around!

@Cleoriff 

Thanks for explaining your feeling in a bit more detail, that's really useful. We're planning on gathering more information on how you each browse the forum soon, so we'll get back to you on that. thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 19

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Post away @Mi-Amigo. That's exactly what the forum is all about. As @Cleoriff says, we're very pleased to see you joining in.

Message 19 of 19