WhatsApp

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Please move if i done what i normally do slight_smile

Posted in wrong place thinking

If i rang or they rang me and we both using WhatsApp would this come out of our minutes or not please ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No it uses WiFi or data depending on the connection type at the time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@PoppysmumNo as you are using an internet connection ...not the network.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/28000016/?category=5245237

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope it’s free

Message 4 of 8

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 and @Cleoriff my aunty tried ringing me last night on WhatsApp i didnt know til this morning when i put WIFI on. 

Aunty did ring mobile normal call and never mentioned she had tried ringing WhatsApp.

When i mentioned at work cook said it would have been free if i had answered on WIFI was news to me i normally use WhatsApp for sending pics and extra long texts .

See you learn something new everyday Thanks!

Message 5 of 8

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope it’s free

Thanks!

Message 6 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

Thank you @MI5 and @Cleoriff my aunty tried ringing me last night on WhatsApp i didnt know til this morning when i put WIFI on. 

Aunty did ring mobile normal call and never mentioned she had tried ringing WhatsApp.

When i mentioned at work cook said it would have been free if i had answered on WIFI was news to me i normally use WhatsApp for sending pics and extra long texts .

Nice! I learn something new here often too @Poppysmum! slight_smile I also recently discovered the calling option in WhatsApp due to my friend suddenly giving me a call through it. I had only used it as a "messenger" only prior to that. Now even my parents have WhatsApp installed and we can have a call over wi-fi instead of me calling them in Finland or vice versa. They often ask me to send pictures of my cats over the app too. grin

Message 7 of 8

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@Poppysmum wrote:

Nice! I learn something new here often too @Poppysmum! slight_smile I also recently discovered the calling option in WhatsApp due to my friend suddenly giving me a call through it. I had only used it as a "messenger" only prior to that. Now even my parents have WhatsApp installed and we can have a call over wi-fi instead of me calling them in Finland or vice versa. They often ask me to send pictures of my cats over the app too. grin

I love learning about new things glad you do too slight_smile 

Message 8 of 8