cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What planet are O2 Online Advisors on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me: Hi, I'd like to change my payment details please. I have tried to do it online, but I received an error message. 

O2: Sure. I'll be happy to help you with that. (O2's standard scripted response)

So, I went through the security check etc... 

O2: Could you please give me the date of your direct debit? 

Me: The 2nd of each month I think. This will be my first bill so I am not sure. 

O2: OK, no problem. Please give me a few minutes while I check for you. 

So, a few minutes later: 

O2: Hi __________, I have now changed the date for your direct debit. 

Me: I DID NOT ASK YOU TO CHANGE THE DATE OF MY DIRECT DEBIT. I ASKED IF I COULD CHANGE MY PAYMENT DETAILS. 

O2: Log in to your account, enter your PIN number, and you can change your payment details that way. 

Me: I HAVE ALREADY TRIED THAT. CAN YOU READ WHAT I SAID AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS CHAT? I AM UNABLE TO CHANGE MY PAYMENT DETAILS ON THE O2 WEBSITE, WHICH IS WHY I AM NOW SPEAKING WITH YOU! 

O2: You can call O2 customer services on 202 from your mobile phone or 0844 809 0202 from a landline. 

I then ended the chat before I started swearing. 

Honestly, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD O2, PLEEEEEAAAASSSE EMPLOY SOME ONLINE ADVISORS WHO CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Lets be fair though the majority of people with English as their first language are considerably worse at communicating.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
A subject we've touched on before.
Message 12 of 24

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Am I doing it again?:( honestly I'm not just doing it for the post count:D

I do agree with bringing jobs back into the uk unfortunatly our employment regulations means it saves too much money to hire outsiders regardless of their ability. I imagine there's a fair few people these days who'd settle for working sub minimum wage just to have a job.

I'd happily do it myself on a pay per happy ending variety (put your dirty mind away!).
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Whatever floats your boat! Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 24

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It would have to be quantity to make a profit in that version grin
Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another example of o2 and their useless live chat when are they going to sort this out

Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only time I ever had a negative experience with online chat was last weekend 9see my thread in the pay monthly section), they actually LIED to me and told me they'd unlock my old Galaxy S2 as a priority because the previous request was rejected by the support team! Eh?!

When I've rung 202 though, the service has been mostly excellent, a lot better than other companies I've dealt with IMHO.

Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
They probably didn't action the request, that's technically not lying
Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, the woman I spoke to on 202 yesterday morning told me that they shouldn't have told me they'd do it as a priority because they don't do priority unlocks except on Iphones, so the advisor I spoke to on the online chat last Saturday actually did tell me a big fat fib, and that's being polite.

Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, the woman I spoke to on 202 yesterday morning told me that they shouldn't have told me they'd do it as a priority because they don't do priority unlocks except on Iphones, so the advisor I spoke to on the online chat last Saturday actually did tell me a big fat fib, and that's being polite.

Its a typical thing unfortunately they don't know what they are doing

Message 20 of 24