Did you mean: 

What is the latest on Delivery Reports?

AztecUK
Level 3: Thinker
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All

Very happy O2 PAYG customer who just ported number across, I have had my number for a lot of years and moved through a lot of networks, the village I live in just built nice new mast so I enjoy FULL indoor coverage.

The only thing on O2 is why don't Delivery Reports work properly like they have had on any other network I had? It's not a deal breaker and I learned you can text *0# infront of your message.  I just Tested this and you do get an SMS to confirm delivery.

Any thoughts please?

Kind Regards

Nick

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There is no news at all about this. It has been asked numerous times over the last 20 years and will probably be asked for the next 20 years.

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Never gonna change as far as O2 is concerned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks both probably quite a trivial thing really and like I said not a big deal or deal breaker.  If you need to get a delivery report then just put *0# infront and it texts you, next best thing.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep, we've all been doing it for years.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be honest any form of delivery report is just that, the network has sent it an as far as they know it's been delivered. Whether the other phone is switched on and it's been read is another matter altogether

Message 6 of 8

AztecUK
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

To be honest any form of delivery report is just that, the network has sent it an as far as they know it's been delivered. Whether the other phone is switched on and it's been read is another matter altogether

That is a very good point! Like I said not a huge deal really, No harm in asking though

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this might be why WhatsApp has become rather popular as you can determine status and whether someone is typing or not, just like ye old MSN Messenger. Yahoo Messenger, AOL Messenger and Skype/Skype for Business.

I did used to prefix my texts with *0# but now if I send one and the person doesn't reply, I just don't text again, simples.

Message 8 of 8