cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the e-mail address to contact O2 Customer Service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello fellow O2 users.

I have searched this entire site and I can't seem to find any e-mail address to contact Customer Services.

If anybody has the e-mail address, would you be so kind as to post it in your reply? I have great difficulty in written communication (Thank you Dyslexia), and these words are spoken and then lifted into and from the Read and Write software I use. The downside makes communicating in real time with a live person on the other end of a chat session a very daunting idea, and an agent waiting for my very slow reply to each question would be waiting an unfair amount of time, and would more than likely either cut me off or want to call me instead. The problem with that is if I'm given instructions to follow, I can't write them down! (Again, thank you Dyslexia)

My first and only attempt with LivePerson back-end software was a failed attempt with our Gas provider which lasted over 1 hour, and was excruciating for me, and more than likely for the person one the other side too. It's much easier for me to compose things in my own time so I can read it back. If anyone out there also suffers from Dyslexia, I could not recommend Read & Write software highly enough. It's a gift to anyone who sees some words upside-down, back-to-front, letters the wrong way around and so on.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Alan.

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Unfortunately O2 withdrew email support quite some time ago which beggars belief from a communications company. The only ways of communicating with customer service are via the Contact us link.

Perhaps one of the admin team @Toby @Marjo @Anonymous can possibly assist in finding an adviser able to email you. I've tagged them so one of them will hopefully respond.

Is there anything we on the community can help with?

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Unfortunately O2 withdrew email support quite some time ago which beggars belief from a communications company. The only ways of communicating with customer service are via the Contact us link.

Perhaps one of the admin team @Toby @Marjo @Anonymous can possibly assist in finding an adviser able to email you. I've tagged them so one of them will hopefully respond.

Is there anything we on the community can help with?

Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your prompt reply jonsie.

I am stunned to hear that e-mail support is no more. I thought e-mail was the preferred way to resolve customer queries but it looks like I'm wrong! 

The issue seems to be that I have "used all (my) UK data this month". This seems to be having an impact on my ability to send regular text messages below 160 characters as well. Are text messages now classed as "data"? They DO send when I am connected to a WI-FI network, and I assume they are being sent via my WI-FI as opposed to my connections to either the E, 3G or 4G O2 networks?

Since receiving this warning, all text messages are being returned as "Not Delivered" in red writing. Every single one. Regardless of the number. As soon as I turn on my WI-FI and tap the ! symbol in a red circle, they are sent immediately, without any of them bouncing back. It would seem, therefore, that I cannot send text messages over the O2 network until my new allowance starts on 28th of this month? Have I understood things correctly, or could there be a problem with my phone, or connection, or SIM card, etc.?

Again, thank you for any and all replies. 

Alan.

Message 3 of 20

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You don't need data to send text messages, they go via the cellular network.

It does sound however that all your texts are being sent as imessages which can be sent via wifi or your data allowance. Try toggling off imessage in the settings, reboot the phone and see if you can send a normal text.

Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again jonsie.

Thank you for your suggestion, but iMessage was already turned off, and has been since I got it. It was one of the first things I did when I took it out of the box, and I did it on advice from a friend.

Do you think that an actual O2 staff member will see this thread and will offer possible solutions or are these forums just for O2 customers to chat amongst themselves and share experiences and expertise?

Once again, I am very grateful to you for your time and for sharing your knowledge and tips.

Alan.

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I've just finished a chat session with someone from O2, and apparently there is a problem in my area that is causing this. I was told that engineers are working on it right now, although I'm not sure I believe that. 8am on a Sunday morning?

I was told to go and download an app called TU Go, and this will be the workaround that I will have to use, even though I've no data until the 28th again.

I hope this never happens again. I could fill this space with my opinion of the person I just dealt with, but since they aren't here to defend themselves, I'll just park it there, and hope that the problem gets sorted soon.

Thanks so much again to any and all out there who offered help, advice, tips, etc. I appreciate it all.

Alan.

Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also check yourself via inputting your postcode here too -> http://status.o2.co.uk

You can also ask customers services to text / email you to keep you in the loop on how repairs / updates of your mast are going.

TuGo works off Wifi http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go and is for Contract and Business Customers only.
Message 8 of 20

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting your articulate comments on the service (or lack of it)

.Until you made mention of this, I have to admit I had not given much thought of how difficult it would be for someone with dyslexia to deal with Live Chat. Even more frustrating if they are unable to give you much help!

I hope you get sorted soon.

Slightly off topic ...I want to thank you for the information on the Read and Write software you use. I will be looking at this for a couple of my friends who are dyslexic. It will be so beneficial to them :smileywink:.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 20