cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think of voice assistants' voices?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I was reading some news this morning on Google Assistant's new more natural-sounding voice, and it made me think back on all the different voices I've heard from different voice assistants over the years. Accents, personality, tones, pitch, rhythm of speech: so many aspects differentiate the various voices used for voice assistants. In the end, I think it comes down to personal preferences which ones you like most, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

Out of all voice assistants you've used or heard, are there any you particularly like? Are there any criteria you can identify that make a voice assitant's voice more enjoyable for you? 

🎤📱🎙🤖🎤📱🎙🤖🎤📱🎙🤖🎤📱🎙🤖🎤📱🎙🤖🎤📱🎙🤖🎤📱🎙🤖🎤📱🎙🤖🎤📱🎙🤖🎤📱🎙🤖

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Just caught up with Amazon's lineup of new Alexa devices, and saw they have introduced 14 new devices..... however the part that caught my eye was that, as a bonus, they have also introduced a Samuel L. Jackson voice for Alexa!!! (At least in the US for now)

What do you think of this option?

Fantastic

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

Just caught up with Amazon's lineup of new Alexa devices, and saw they have introduced 14 new devices..... however the part that caught my eye was that, as a bonus, they have also introduced a Samuel L. Jackson voice for Alexa!!! (At least in the US for now)

What do you think of this option?

Fantastic

@Marjo 

You bet your ass I'm getting that on my devices when it becomes available!

slight_smile

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

On my Xperia L1 ... I use Google Assist ... a computerised female voice ... very happy with this ... I wouldn't wish for a more natural sounding voice assistant

Similarly I don't like recognisable music for my phone's ringtone / notifications ... happy with a pleasant sounding loud noise

All down to personal preference ... & ... thickness of wallet wink 

Samuel L Jackson has a wonderful voice though, hasn't he ?

Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

On my sat nav. I always had the American female voice, I love her use of rotary instead of roundabouts and make a left instead of turn left. I only really use Google assist to open music and set alarms. 

I can't imagine ever wanting Sammy as a voice tbh. 

Message 14 of 14