cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a bunch of jokers

Anonymous
Not applicable

i told 02 I had problem with my bank card they promised no bars now I have a bar an can't even ring 02 to sort bill out muppets who stops you ringing them to pay a bill

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree @perksie...so keen to sign to get the phone of their choice...then can't afford the monthly repayments. I know there are exceptions to this and there will be some in genuine need due to change in circumstances.....but people sign up for a contract knowing it is usually a 2 year commitment

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sometimes people worry exactly what will be taken from their account,  usually needlessly! 

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Sometimes people worry exactly what will be taken from their account,  usually needlessly! 

Possibly, and as you say, they shouldn't need to worry, because companies have to give 10 working days notice before collecting any payment, which is plenty of time to clear up any disputed charges on the bill. Perhaps some people think that by cancelling their direct debit, they can go back to a situation where they can start paying the bill on their terms again. In other words, they're naive enough to think it doesn't matter if they're a little late settling their bill, so long as it's eventually paid.

Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
In other words, they're naive enough to think it doesn't matter if they're a little late settling their bill, so long as it's eventually paid.

Prob the reason why o2 come down so hard on late and non payers - can you imagine the carnage if everyone decided to pay "when they felt like it" ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I honestly fail to see the problem... I get an email and text to say my bill is available to view online....I then have a fair few days to dispute it before they take payment......Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My email comes on the 5th of each month. 14 days to check and query is more than ample time. I've said before,  anyone cancelling the DD should be sent a bill for the remainder of the contract.

Message 16 of 16