Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird noise when dialling

Olliesgran
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When dialling I get this weird noise, almost as though  it is under water.  Needless to say it didn't happen when I went to my nearest O2 store and got them to test it.  Does anyone else have this happening?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Olliesgran If it only happens in certain areas, it may just be network congestion, which there isn't much you can do about. I'm surprised that when you were in the O2 store that they didn't offer to swap your sim to a new one, just to eliminate that possibility. Having not heard what you're hearing, my only other suggestion would be to contact Samsung support directly. They may already be aware of the problem, and they're the best people to contact for a solution. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Olliesgran When you went to the store did they suggest what it could be?

Is the phone functioning properly apart from the weird noise? If so I wouldn't worry too much about it

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Olliesgran What phone do you have? Does it affect the call when you get connected? Does it happen in particular places but not in others?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Olliesgran
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The store had no idea and it wouldn't repeat the noise when they tried to ring their own mobiles.

If the person that I am calling doesn't answer too quickly, it stops and they don't hear it.  Sometimes, if they hear it, they just hang up.
Message 4 of 9

Olliesgran
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy and no, it doesn't affect the call once it stops.

Message 5 of 9

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Olliesgran If it only happens in certain areas, it may just be network congestion, which there isn't much you can do about. I'm surprised that when you were in the O2 store that they didn't offer to swap your sim to a new one, just to eliminate that possibility. Having not heard what you're hearing, my only other suggestion would be to contact Samsung support directly. They may already be aware of the problem, and they're the best people to contact for a solution. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the signal is weak when dialling you can get a watery effect on the call audio, this is the audio error correction working to try to correct the issue caused by breaks in the call data.

If you can, move to where you have a better signal and try to dial, I suspect you'll find the problem goes away.

A number of O2 stores have their own microcells so they always get a good reception.

Message 7 of 9

Olliesgran
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply.  I checked on Google, as one does, and found several comments about this alien noise.  I will contact Samsung tomorrow and see what they come up with as an answer.  Thanks for the link.

Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Olliesgran and welcome to the forum! Did anythign come out of your call with Samsung? It'd be really useful to know what happened and if you got this fixed slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9