cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all, is anyone else having problems logging on to webmail? I can access my o2 accounton the o2 site but the webmail feature just times out and doesn't connect. Been like this since early this morning. Contacted o2 via live chat and got told to contact Sky (even though they're not my provider). Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 103
102 REPLIES 102

Anonymous
Not applicable
this however is not solving the issue many of us have had today. the million dollar question is how can i access my account?!?
Message 21 of 103

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

When @MI5 says Sept 13 he is referring to Sept 2013. Ample warnings of the closure were sent out years ago.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 103

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
the million dollar question is how can i access my account?!?

If it's been closed down, you can't I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 103

Anonymous
Not applicable

All I wanted to do was see if other people were experiencing problems with webmail.

I was never informed that o2 were shutting their mail down, especially in 'blocks'. I ahve been a customer for over 11 years and it's really annoying.

Message 24 of 103

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well we have seen  3 tonight @Anonymous and those are the ones who have posted here. I have no doubt there are others.....

Here is one of the many threads from 2013 http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Has-O2-Webmail-Closed-down-or-not/m-p/564132/highlight/true#M38961

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 103

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Many more to come I guess....
We get these posts in waves about every 6 months or so.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 103

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been on the Sky site as I still have a Sky ID. Looked in their forum and there are loads of entries from earlier this year (in August) with people saying the webmail is down. Funnily enough, their moderators are telling people to go to o2 and ask them as this has nothing to do with Sky. Here's some of their replies;

"Hi All,

O2 email accounts were not included in the acquisition we completed - we cannot help you with any enquiries regarding these, please contact the email account provider.

Thanks,

Ben 

Ben
Community Manager"

and

"Sky only bought O2's broadband customer base and transferred them onto their own network. The email service remained under the ownership and control of O2 and is nothing whatsoever to do with Sky."

and voted best moderator for their customer service:

"What do you expect Sky to do? As already pointed out, the O2 email service is absolutely nothing to do with them. They don't own the servers, they don't control them, they don't have access to them.

That's like expecting me to be responsible when a lightbulb breaks in a complete stranger's house at the other end of the country. I don't own it, I don't have access to it and I don't control it.

There is absolutely nothing that Sky can do about this issue."

So o2 are advising us to go to Sky and Sky are advising us to go to o2. Round in circles it is then.
Message 27 of 103

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am having the same problem and contacted Sky who told me it was nothing to do with them and I needed to contact o2. after holding on the phone to them for 45 mins it cut off! Desperate to get my saved emails.

Message 28 of 103

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sky took control of all email addresses where the customer migrated their BB to Sky - Fact.
O2 retained all the remaining addresses but informed customers that they were closing the service down - Fact.
Nothing else we know or can help you with - Sorry.

Currently using:
Message 29 of 103

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes no webmail at all just wont connect, tried on all of my devices but same result, no webmail

Message 30 of 103