Did you mean: 

Wearable Tech Show - London 2018

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

The Wearable Technology Show is currently happening in London so I thought is would be a great time to have another discussion on wearable tech! 

One of the main talking points this year is smart textiles. In the near future the clothes you wear will be able to take over many of the functions that your phone performs such as measuring your physical activity, counting steps or displaying information like text messages directly on to your sleeve. In addition these smart fabrics can monitor your health by taking an ECG and testing your sweat for signs of illness. They will also be able to heat up or cool you down automatically. There's also the more superficial applications such as having a screen woven directly into your t shirt! 

Personally I'm really excited to see how this technology develops and look forward to getting my hands on a smart t shirt in the near future. How about you? Do you see this tech as more if a gimmick and do you foresee any negative consequences emerging from the widespread use of smart fabrics? 

Wearable tech .jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The weight of the occupant is used to determine how much pressure is required to inflate the airbag to protect the occupant as much as possible in a crash.
A heavier occupant needs more airbag to crash into than a lighter occupant.
We can also position the steering wheel and pedals electronically depending on size and weight of occupant to lessen the chance of injury in a crash.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 ... is this all individually made for the prospective buyer of a vehicle?

Message 12 of 12