cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are all individuals in how we help on the O2 Community....

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys, I posted this in another thread, but wanted to make sure it was seen by all. Its not a discussion, just some comments from me in the hope that we can all continue to use this wonderful community in the great way we usually do slight_smile

Guys, we all have different approaches to help. Some ask questions, some assume the context of an issue and advise based on previous knowledge, some try their luck with what they know. This community is not made up of one-on-one interactions and this means that there will be more than one answer to certain queries, as well as more than one approach taken. There are a lot of strong personalities here and there will inevitably be disagreements, but you all bring your merits to this community. Some points to keep in mind going forward:

- Everyone has a different way of offering advice.

- Everyone has a different level of tone and personal foundation in the things they post.

- Its ok to correct others if the advice is perhaps not correct, but this must only be done if the info is wrong in a   damaging way or that will further inconvenience a members in need of help. If a post is 'exploring' a member's issue, that's a good thing.

- Every has a different opinion, especially in this community. We must all get along and allow for individuality unless it is damaging.

- Offering support of others' advice is not always a pointless post. It offers support and backing to info, making it seem more reliable to a reader. Many here think this is a bad thing and it is when done en masse, but can actually be incredibly helpful.

- Humour can and should be used, but think about the context of the situation. Will it help an OP to relax, or are they still having issues?

- Always, always, always put yourself in the OP's shoes when posting any replies and advice. Will your post offer insight or support? Will it help to evolve an issue or enhance a fellow-member's post?

Please take what I'm saying here into account at all times guys. We must all get along and respect one another's differences. That's what a community is.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0