cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water damaged Samsung s6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can anyone give me an idea of how much 02 will charge to repair a water damaged Samsung S6?

it hasn't actually been dropped in water but I was using it in the bath room while a watched my little girl play in the bath. 

It over heated shut itself down and put itself into safe mode.

i left it overnight then in the morning I got it going again but now the screen kind of has a mind of its own and flicks all over the place. And no one can hear me unless I put it on loud speaker.

i have spoken to o2 and they have told me to send it i. For repair but obviously if it's water damage that's not covered. Just trying to prepare myself for what may happen. It's only 4 months old and I don't have the money to replace it.

many thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. I take it you haven't got insurance? Either way no one here will know how much it will cost to repair as we have no idea of the damage. You may want to give Samsung UK a call and see if they could quote you a figure. You do have a choice as to whether you continue with the repair as they will quote you a cost. Not good news it seems slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go directly to Samsung, don't use o2 repairers

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope no insurance (stupid I know). So if I'm not happy with the amount they have to send me my phone back so I can go elsewhere?

i hope so. Thanks for your reply. 

🙃

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

By the way I presume you took the back off and sim out in an effort to dry the phone internally? You could try this. Leaving it in a warm place to see if this helps at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope no insurance (stupid I know). So if I'm not happy with the amount they have to send me my phone back so I can go elsewhere?

i hope so. Thanks for your reply. 

🙃

You don't have to accept the price quoted. Just make sure you tell O2 or Samsung that you want them to look at it and give you a repair price only

I do notice that you said you didn't drop the phone in water but it was just in the bathroom with you? That being the case there is a good chance it could dry out by itself if you follow what I said in a previous post?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Leave the phone in a bag of rice in the airing cupboard or on a hot radiator for a good few days.
Keep it turned off with the sim card out (which you can use in another phone for now).
If it wasn't fully submerged you have a chance of it drying out but you may still need a new speaker which is fairly cheap to replace.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Leave the phone in a bag of rice in the airing cupboard or on a hot radiator for a good few days.
Keep it turned off with the sim card out (which you can use in another phone for now).
If it wasn't fully submerged you have a chance of it drying out but you may still need a new speaker which is fairly cheap to replace.

Good advice before looking at repair options. Please take the direct to Samsung route if a repair is necessary and forget o2's repairers. 

Message 8 of 8