cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning over major Android 'package delivery' scam - Flubot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a warning to Android users to be vigilant:

A text-message scam that infects Android phones is spreading across the UK, experts have warned.

The message - which pretends to be from a package delivery firm, prompts users to install a tracking app - but is actually a malicious piece of spyware.

Called Flubot, it can take over devices and spy on phones to gather sensitive data, including online banking details.

BBC News.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A waening from O2 here too https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Phishing-Smishing-amp-Scams-Latest-info-amp-advice/m-p/14...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 The thing is most people don't see these posts, when I sign into Community then click - View All - None of the stickies or recent moderator posts show up, what's the point in adding security warnings to a February thread when most people don't even see it?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It shows up in unread post for me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4