Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning ...Check your My O2!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

This has been mentioned in another thread but deserves a section of its own I think. @MI5 and myself have noticed a changed to Contact Preferences. Initially I had opted out of Marketing info....today we noticed there is a new layout for the page and suddenly mine have been turned on...Advise everyone to check. Mine looks like this...(or did as I have now turned off everything except Priority) @Toby is currently checking when these changes took place..

Preferences o2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 189
188 REPLIES 188

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
This is criminal - I'm mad as hell !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 189

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I seem to remember some talk the other day about the frames on the site being changed, although to be honest, I didn't really know what it was all about. Just a thought, but could the preferences have been changed when that occurred?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 189

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
They should NOT have been changed regardless of what updates were done to the website.
This is criminal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 189

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I understand that. It's certainly an untenable situation, and complaints should be made by everyone affected. I'm only asking if that could have instigated the change? Someone needs to be held accountable for this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 189

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I would also want to know how O2 are going to correct this and get my numbers removed from every spammers database worldwide now ?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 189

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Screenshot_20160524-084405.jpg

This is bang out of order, for the last month ppi stuff and "car accident" claims companies have been calling no end, WHAT THE HELL DO THEY HAVE TO DO WITH MOBILE NETWORKS? 

How have they got this information that is ONLY supposed to go to trusted partners anyway?

Every one of my accounts now has this turned on.

Message 7 of 189

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I would also want to know how O2 are going to correct this and get my numbers removed from every spammers database worldwide now ?

I would think that now that the cat has been let out of the bag, there's no stopping it, apart from blocking every number that comes in. If these calls that are PPI and 'car accident' claims are UK based companies, then TPS isn't doing it's job very well either.

This gross error that is probably going to affect millions of customers is definitely one that should be looked into by Ofcom.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I can certainly say these calls to me have increased over the last 2 weeks....not happy..not happy at all. I have better things to do just recently than answer idiotic calls about every subject you can name. I had one a few days back about 'the all inclusive holiday I took last year'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 189

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Thanks for the headsup, I too have been getting these nuisance calls over the last few weeks whereas I had none previously. To my horror, all my preferences have been set to 'ON'. Apart from being a serious breach of my data going out to the world and his brother I find it appalling that this has been allowed to happen. Everyone needs to check their preferences now but I fear it's too late. Our information is out there already and being used.

Message 10 of 189