Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning ...Check your My O2!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This has been mentioned in another thread but deserves a section of its own I think. @MI5 and myself have noticed a changed to Contact Preferences. Initially I had opted out of Marketing info....today we noticed there is a new layout for the page and suddenly mine have been turned on...Advise everyone to check. Mine looks like this...(or did as I have now turned off everything except Priority) @Toby is currently checking when these changes took place..

Preferences o2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 189
188 REPLIES 188

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Just had a call "from o2" (call centre with lots of noise in the background) calling to check I am getting the most out of my phone.
Funnily enough when I told him that I upgraded in April and my number is TPS registered he was rather quick to put the phone down!
Number came up as 0161 814 8825. Added to the blocked contacts list...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 181 of 189

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Googling the number suggests it's not O2 and that it is a company trying to scam people - They seem to have been quite active over the last few days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 182 of 189

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Just had a call "from o2" (call centre with lots of noise in the background) calling to check I am getting the most out of my phone.
Funnily enough when I told him that I upgraded in April and my number is TPS registered he was rather quick to put the phone down!
Number came up as 0161 814 8825. Added to the blocked contacts list...

http://uk.whocalledme.net/PhoneNumber/01618148825

Message 183 of 189

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Yeah, first place I checked.
Added to the call reject list and as a new number on the call centre contact so I know to ignore if it comes through on Tu.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 184 of 189

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I'll report this back to the rest of team. Were you asked anything suspicious @gmarkj?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 185 of 189

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys,

I'll report this back to the rest of team. Were you asked anything suspicious @gmarkj?

Nothing suspicious, but was a blatant attempt to get me to take out a new contract - either for myself or anyone else in the house who might need one!

Message 186 of 189

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for the info @gmarkj. I'll share this with the rest of the team.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 187 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

That number and other variations of it have been on my reject list for weeks.....First call in April to say I was due an upgrade. I wasn't.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 188 of 189

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Got a call that I missed from a Leicester number +441160670500 that I do not recognise, reported it here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/nuisance-calls-and-messages/
Message 189 of 189