cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY AM I USEING MY DATA CAPACITY SO QUICKLY?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm trying my very hardesy not to use my data capacity, yet only 4 days into the new month and I'm text that already 80% has been used - are O2 ripping me off?

A dejected very nearly ex O2 customer!

Derek

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You're not alone. This is a thread with a similar problem to yours.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Data-Usage/m-p/851130

I suggest calling Customer Service on 202 from your phone if you want to dispute the usage. You can also log in to your MyO2 account to see what has been used and when.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Snapchat was apparently to blame on that thread. Are you a snapchat user? Look up your data usage in Settings it should give an idea as to what the culprit is.

In the interim, whilst you're trying to resolve the matter, you could turn your data off and just use WiFi, but that obviously depends on how desperately you need data when out and about.

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Didn't see that the OP in that thread had solved his own problem. Good heads up @Anonymous Others have also had problems being put on data sharing without their knowledge. Supposedly sorted now by O2, but it's also a possibility. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Didn't see that the OP in that thread had solved his own problem. Good heads up @Anonymous Others have also had problems being put on data sharing without their knowledge. Supposedly sorted now by O2, but it's also a possibility. wink

I think rosadosc said the data sharing issue was supposedly sorted...though maybe a few glitches...

Its worrying that this issue has popped up on so many threads recently

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check my post DATA ISSUE... i think there is a problem on the whole with o2's data. I used 80% of 500mb in 5 minutes apparently even though my data was turned off.
Message 6 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymousand welcome.

That shouldn't be happening. Is your data completely turned off?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it was completely turned off. Customer services don't have an adequate answer
Message 8 of 8