cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! o2 Default credit error stopping our mortgage!

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 have placed a 'Default' mark on my now wife's credit history without us knowing anything about it. We have agreed to buy a new build home under the governments NewBuild scheme and have paid our initial deposit, however, when proceeding with the mortgage the lenders rejected us stating that it was "too much of a risk". It was only when we checked our rating and did some investigation that we found out it was because o2 have placed a default on her file. What makes it worse is she has just got a new job which is the reason for buying the house, she may now end up losing the house and her job!

This default is for a total of £10.69 and is looking like it will now stop us from buying a £250,000 house. The contract ended in 2011 and according to o2 "was fully paid off", however, there seems that there was actually £10 remaining on the account. O2 made absolutely no attempt to contact us to inform us of this and have instead just passed it off to a 3rd party debt collection agency. This agency also made no attempt to contact us and have subsequently marked it off as a default. This is obviously illegal as no notice of default was issued. Common sense would say that if they had contacted us for the remaining £10 charge, this would have been paid without even a second thought.

We have tried to contact o2 as we have only until the 8th August to exchange contracts on the house which it now looks as though we will lose. However, we are not able to make direct contact with anyone and we keep getting fobbed off with feeble excuses and email address' to contact and no one directly to speak to.

I thought you would all like to know about this as it is outrageous! O2 seem to be able to place defaults against peoples credit files without actually attempting to inform the customer of their intent. This can then wreck their lives!

We will be following up with legal action against them but I thought you would be interested to know on this o2 customer forum. We have also been in communication with a couple of national newspapers so you will no doubt read about it soon.

O2 your customer service is shocking and we need this rectified IMMEDIATELY! This could end up costing you way more than £10.69 unless you act!

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Emailed CEO 3 times with no response so Ombudsman it would seem is only option, will keep you posted. Thanks

Message 41 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck.
Message 42 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It is a worry but persevere. I have no doubt this will get resolved in your favour but it's a lengthy process unfortunately unless O2 backtrack on their stance.

Message 43 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have emailed the CEO and had no response them I would suggest the email address you used was not correct.

good luck and please keep us informed re progress.

I also note that o2 "appear" to have not followed their own procedures. IF this is the case you stand a great chance of success at Ombudsman. It will take less than an hour of your time as you can do this by phone and then you just have to wait.

I am still AMAZED that your mortgage provider would run scared if this is the only issue on your credit file.

Message 44 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

My post has been edited to remove the email address for the CEO. If you didn't get it via the email alert and want it please send me a pm and I will send it to you.
Message 45 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there

Thanks for your message.

I have the email address of the CEO and have sent 3 emails but no response from CEO either I'm afraid.

I have now been told that this ridiculous default may prejudice my business. We are opening a second office in my local home city and have taken a five year lease. We need a loan to subsidise this but our bank manager has said it could be declined due to this. It literally goes on a credit rating check and there are no exceptions.

This is stressing me out so much i can't believe my business could suffer from something so small and of which i was unaware of. I will, of coures, go to the ombudsman but that takes time to be resolved. Thanks for your help, kind regrads, Tania

Message 46 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to hear what has happened to you. I found myself a victim of the same thing only last week when we where about to take out a mortgage the bank manager advised me to go and check my credit file . I found a default for £7.00 i phoned o2 to find out why i was defaulted and got very little answer, I was told that amount was £1.64 which is absolutely ridiculous . i only joined this site a couple of days ago and would be very grateful if you could email how to post a new message on the o2 community page. I hope you get your problem ressolved thanks jane

Message 47 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have posted successfully.

I'd suggest You need to fill Out the complaint form to try and get this mark removed.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 48 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you want to start a new thread then you just click on new post here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/4

Seems a ridiculous amount to have on your credit file. Hope you get it sorted.

Message 49 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks bandofbrothers

Message 50 of 55