cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING - Beware of Fake O2 Support Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

I maintain the email filtering software at my place of work and noticed a number of emails supposedly from O2 Customer Care had been blocked. On checking the emails I noticed that they are indeed fake and by clicking on the link in the email and entering your details, you will give someone else access to your account.

Anyway, the email:

O2Spam.JPG

Althought the email appears to come from "shops.usero2@o2.co.uk" it is actually from "nobody@server64.nt100.datacenter.ni.net.tr".

If you click on the link in the email, it takes you to a malicious website (edited out link) which will ask you to enter your O2 username and password. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!

The easy way to protect yourself from phishing emails like this is to remember the following:

• If you do not know the sender of an unsolicited email message, delete it

• Never respond to any spam messages or click on any links in the message

• Companies like O2 will never ask you click on a link to then enter your username and password

I hope this helps protect someone! But it could also be why we may have seen an increase in hacked O2 accounts...

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up.

Have you given 02 feedback on this too ??

Ive notified the staff of the forum if you havent already.

Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Good heads up, PapaDug. Thanks.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Also, note it just says "Hello" and doesn't address you by your name.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll bet that lot over the pond operating PRISM aren't monitoring server64.nt100.datacenter.ni.net.tr
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'll bet that lot over the pond operating PRISM aren't monitoring server64.nt100.datacenter.ni.net.tr

Bet their monitoring you now for saying that!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just recieved a fresh batch of O2 Phishing emails into work today!

Email comes in looking like this:

phish.JPG

Suspicious looking on its own! But on clicking the link, it takes you to a fake sign in page, although the address bar shows the completely wrong address and there are errors on the page:

phish2.JPG

If you enter your username and password then click on the Sign In button it takes you to the O2.co.uk homepage and your username and password will have been saved somewhere for the scammers to use.

Please everyone be very very careful when checking yoru emails from any organisation you deal with. Most organisations wont ask you to click on a link to login, but if they do, always check the address bar to make sure you are on the correct site, or dont click on the link and go to the site yourself in your browser.

These emails have now been sent to Phishing@O2.com

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not had any fake ones sent to my email address yet, but then again not had any real ones sent either.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Not had any fake ones sent to my email address yet, but then again not had any real ones sent either.

Your not missing much

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is strange as it has happened to me today and I am also been told that I made two overseas phone calls which I know for a fact I never made, one of them for £83.00 pounds, I have spoke to the on line chat person twice but have not managed to have it resolved???? Anyone else had problems???
Message 10 of 11