cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, are voicemail messages automatically deleted after a certain period of time? If so, can I retrieve them somehow? There's a few from last year that I wanted to keep and they seem to have disappeared. Thanks
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
To keep a VM you would have to chose the option to save it, which will save it for 7 days only.
You could keep on doing this though, listening and saving, for any length of time.
Once deleted automatically they are gone as far as I know........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
To keep a VM you would have to chose the option to save it, which will save it for 7 days only.
You could keep on doing this though, listening and saving, for any length of time.
Once deleted automatically they are gone as far as I know........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

they stay on the server for a limited time and when they drop off they are not recoverable I'm afraid.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi both, sadly I had a feeling that was going to be the reply. Thanks for the prompt response
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sorry it wasn't better news.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

I had the same kind of issue when I lost the very last voicemail from my mum while she was on holiday ,but sadly passed away while on holiday.
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have voicemails from my wife from a couple of years  ago but I had to save them on the PC. As said, once they have gone from the system they are irretrievable.

Message 7 of 7