cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodaphone has done it....when will o2 ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vodaphone has decided to get rid of roaming charges during this summer....when will o2 jump on the band wagon?

hopefully soon...fingers crossed
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some charges are set by the country though are they not?

I don't mind paying, but would like them cut lower to what you can get on ITS.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
They haven't cut roaming charges at all, its just extremely good marketing of a new product they are bringing out.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also T-Mobile have put the cost of EU Roaming calls up to compensate for the weakPound
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
o2 roaming charges have come down quite a lot and you can opt for My Europe Extra and Chosen Country - Spain. I know monthly charges are £10 and £5 respectively but they are great value for those of us who travel extensively in Europe and you can just pay for just 1 month at a time. Granted, charges are too high for the rest of the world but hopefully these will come down with pressure from the regulatory governing bodies.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
They haven't cut roaming charges at all, its just extremely good marketing of a new product they are bringing out.

you are correct sir! there is new legislation for eu roaming charges coming in this july and voda are just being sneaky, i read somewhere if you opt in to this summer deal you wave the right to the new lower prices coming in very soon.
i will hit my browser history when i get home and dig up my source wink
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

you are correct sir! there is new legislation for eu roaming charges coming in this july and voda are just being sneaky, i read somewhere if you opt in to this summer deal you wave the right to the new lower prices coming in very soon.
i will hit my browser history when i get home and dig up my source wink

Well, all Vodafone customers can just opt in by sending a text message to a number. I feel that it is a good move by Vodafone as it will buy them lots of customers during this summer - including myself. I need Vodafone because there is no O2 signal in my house!!! It is really strange to see that all networks are having 3G signals in my house except for O2!!! It does not matter if I have put my Sim Card into another phone as the same thing will happen. I am getting really cross with O2 but all I can say is that I live in the right spot where it is a blind spot - How perfect is it?
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need Vodafone because there is no O2 signal in my house!!! It is really strange to see that all networks are having 3G signals in my house except for O2!!! It does not matter if I have put my Sim Card into another phone as the same thing will happen. I am getting really cross with O2 but all I can say is that I live in the right spot where it is a blind spot - How perfect is it?

That's a battle and a half... I moved from Vodafone to O2 in my last house 3 years ago because it was in a Vodafone blackspot (not even a GSM signal!). Now I've moved again I find myself with no 3G connection, and even iPhone 3G GPS pinpoints my location as being a mile away rofl.

Can't win...:p
Message 8 of 8