cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone it is methinks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, after being due an upgrade to my phone in June, and being a long long term 02 customer, I finally got round to calling CS, who were less than helpful.

I asked about upgrading to the nokia n95 8gb, as i fancied the handset for several reasons. I also explained i would like to discuss my tariff as my needs have changed over the last 18 months and I have been using the phone more for my business.

after being told I could not get the handset without paying for it (?) I simply said that it wasn't good enough as vodafone were offering the same handset to new customers, as were 02 for free and indeed on a tariff which suited me better so asked for my PAC code so i could keep my number.

Eventually put through to the "retentions" dept, who were more helpful, sorted me out a tariff with more minutes with the handset I wanted and for less money. Bonus! I didn't push for anything, simply asked for the PAC code. Then all of a sudden the handset i could get if i paid for it suddenly became out of stock. All i was offered was a refurbished handset, which i don't want. I said I was happy to wait for more stock to come in, but conveniently no one could tell me when that would be. I was offereda Nokia 6220, which didn't have the wi-fi i wanted and then told that the N95 was a very expensive handset which I could have as a refurb unit, or at a lesser discount on my tariff. bear in mind the advisor was the one who offered me everything.

2 days later, I phone back, after an obvious delay and being popped on hold another advisor came on with the exact, word for word, same story. still no word on a date of arrival. I get the feeling I am being told porkies here so I get my brother to call, and ask for a new contract £35 with a N95. Guess what the answer was?? Also got the wife to call and ask the same. Guess what the answer was?

No problem.

O2 that is simply out of order. I hope losing me (customer since the days of BT Genie), my wife, brother and as many friends of mine as possible was worth telling downright lies.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Its not just o2 that do this do. All the mobile phones have the same system regarding mobile phones.

I know and trust me it can be anoying, but ive found out that even though upgrades may not have stock, retentions sometimes do, or evening popping into a local store and seeing that thet have stock.

Its also like me popping down to a local supermarket to pick up a food item. My local super market may not have them, but one 20 miles down the road does.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had similar experiences recently when I wanted the samsung tocco as an upgrade. Over the phone I was told that I would have to pay for the handset as I was on a discounted line rental, which wasn't enough to warrant them giving me the phone for free. I wasn't happy about this so went into an O2 shop to see if they all sang from the same songbook. I played dumb and it seems that on their system that they aren't aware of discounts made to your line rental, so according to them I could have the phone as a free upgrade. Could be worth a try....?!?!
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
its nothing to do with stock levels at all.... its the high cost of the handsets to o2 which is forcing prices up, and other networks will do the same, high end handsets such as the n95 8gb dont give the networks as much profit, especially when they are heavily subsidised.

i dont quite see why you moan so much about handset prices, the uk is by far the most competitive market in the world

lets face it you wouldnt ask your car insurance company for a free car on resigning would you???
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dannyboy, the point is new customers are offered the same phones for nowt, why aren't returning customers?

Take the N95, and look how many networks are offering new deals with the handset free, unlimited internet and special text packages. When you put them beside what 02 has offered to their LOYAL customers, it makes 02 look pretty bad value to be honest.
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
not as far as i can see new customers arn't, look in any o2 store u'll see that n95 8gb is free on £75 for new and existing customers alike
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well i suggest you look a bit further.

Mobiles.co.uk. dialaphone, cpw amongst others on 02, vodafone, orange, 3 and t mobile are all offering the same phone in and around a £30-35 tariff. In some instances the offer is with cashback or some sort of free gift.

Or go and pick up any of the tabloids and see who is offering what.
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well i suggest you look a bit further.
Mobiles.co.uk. dialaphone, cpw amongst others on 02, vodafone, orange, 3 and t mobile are all offering the same phone in and around a £30-35 tariff. In some instances the offer is with cashback or some sort of free gift.
Or go and pick up any of the tabloids and see who is offering what.

Fair point but the 3rd party companies are the ones that subsidise the phone to give it you free, the networs have no control over how much they can give away a phone for, the only control they have is on the tariffs offered.
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sure it costs Vodafone, 3 and T-mobile exactly the same as it costs 02.

Sorry, but I don't buy what poppycock 02 gave me oveer the phone. What winds me up is the fact I was lied to, I know i was, there is no justification in my eyes.

If i can get the same value or better elsewhere I will go, 02 obviously fail to see they should be keeping their existing customers happy as the market for new contracts is shrinking ever more rapidly. Lets face it, who do you know who doesn't have a mobile phone these days?
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have read this thread and couldn't agree with Dusty more.

I too have been with O2 for many years and for the last couple have had plenty of hassle from them through lack of communication between dept's. Infact that part is simply shocking. This is via phone, not instore.

Last week-and this so far, I'm waiting for doorstep exchange from a Viewty to the N95 and after asking during the call for the N95 8 gig was told yes, I could have this, lad went to check with his manager who promptly refused! the reason, I was told, was you can buy the Viewty for £99 but the N95 8gig is £400? wonder where he got £400 as on O2's site it's £299.

I am another O2 customer who is fed up with all the hassle and break down of dept communication.

Please try and get your act together O2-thank you
Message 19 of 19