cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone it is methinks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, after being due an upgrade to my phone in June, and being a long long term 02 customer, I finally got round to calling CS, who were less than helpful.

I asked about upgrading to the nokia n95 8gb, as i fancied the handset for several reasons. I also explained i would like to discuss my tariff as my needs have changed over the last 18 months and I have been using the phone more for my business.

after being told I could not get the handset without paying for it (?) I simply said that it wasn't good enough as vodafone were offering the same handset to new customers, as were 02 for free and indeed on a tariff which suited me better so asked for my PAC code so i could keep my number.

Eventually put through to the "retentions" dept, who were more helpful, sorted me out a tariff with more minutes with the handset I wanted and for less money. Bonus! I didn't push for anything, simply asked for the PAC code. Then all of a sudden the handset i could get if i paid for it suddenly became out of stock. All i was offered was a refurbished handset, which i don't want. I said I was happy to wait for more stock to come in, but conveniently no one could tell me when that would be. I was offereda Nokia 6220, which didn't have the wi-fi i wanted and then told that the N95 was a very expensive handset which I could have as a refurb unit, or at a lesser discount on my tariff. bear in mind the advisor was the one who offered me everything.

2 days later, I phone back, after an obvious delay and being popped on hold another advisor came on with the exact, word for word, same story. still no word on a date of arrival. I get the feeling I am being told porkies here so I get my brother to call, and ask for a new contract £35 with a N95. Guess what the answer was?? Also got the wife to call and ask the same. Guess what the answer was?

No problem.

O2 that is simply out of order. I hope losing me (customer since the days of BT Genie), my wife, brother and as many friends of mine as possible was worth telling downright lies.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I realy hope you have not left yet.

I beg you not to go to Vodafone. If you are going to leave then go to 3. The have better 3G coverage and offer much better tariffs. There Call centres are in india but are not that bad and 3 don't brand thier phones as much as Voda do. Vodafone is one of the worst for changing the software and have removed features from the N95 including VOIP.

I know O2 have messed you around and i simpathize with you, I am waiting for the XDA ignito and if you read the XDA thread on that you will see we have it as bad as you grin

Hope i can persuade you

Thanks
Dave
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I was actually in the Vodafone store and he was prepared to match the renewal tariff 02 gave me.
I am not bitter about it, end of the day none of us are any more than numbers in this world. grin
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well after a phone call FROM 02 tonight they will definitely be losing my business.

After being told the phone I wanted was out of stock, it would appear that was a blatant lie, it is being held for people on a £70 contract.

I have no problem with that, i do have a problem with people telling me downright lies.
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was tempted to leave o2 just last week, went through to retentions and got a really really good deal albeit a refurb handset. I was told would be here in 2-3 days, turned up and was broke, sent back. Now waiting for c902 after speaking to a manager by the name of Martin. O2 on-line account says it was on a before 5pm next day delivery for today, it's not arrived!!!! Phoned o2, no order had been placed so it has been done and i got £10 good will. That will go nicely with the £5 i got last week for them cocking the order up.
I would leave but the deal was too good. Checked my order online and it hasn't been updated yet, another phone call tomorrow me thinks.

Oh and another thing, if anyone knows Marek who works at o2, come on mate leaving someone on hold for 30 mins isn't really acceptable is it!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well after a phone call FROM 02 tonight they will definitely be losing my business.
After being told the phone I wanted was out of stock, it would appear that was a blatant lie, it is being held for people on a £70 contract.
I have no problem with that, i do have a problem with people telling me downright lies.

Yes the phone is only available for free on a high tariff, but that doesnt mean its being held for these customers only.

The phone has been in and out of stock (when its in its only for a day maximum) for the past couple of months now.

So your statement about them holding it for £70 contracts is wrong, the main problem is actually the stock levels.
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Dave1234, but I am only telling you what I was told by an 02 representative told me. his exact words to the letter were

"not being given out free to the lower tarrifs"

"being held for the £70 tariff"

It matters not, I will be on the blower this evening to cancel my contract. IF it was a genuine stock issue, why would i be offered the phone in the first place? In the original phone call, the operator I spoke with actually offered me the phone, discount on the tariff and a bolt on for free, then told me the phone wasn't available. my point is that the handset i want is available on the same tariff with 02 through dial-a-phone, CPW, Mobiles.co.uk. Why are 02 playing silly buggers?

02 phoned last night to offer me a blackberry curve, sony ericcson c702, nokia 6220 amongst others, but conveniently had non of the phones I was actually interested in.
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Its not O2 'lying' to you, it's more an issue about stock management.

When stock is provided by the manufacturer, it is then split into 2 main sections, stores and online/telesales. It is then divided between departments such as rententions, insurance, sales, upgrades, returns/repairs etc. Once the product becomes out of stock then that department will need to wait for the manufacturer to provide more. This is why the situation occurs when sales have stock but upgrades don't or insurance have stock and rententions don't. When that department tells you the phone is out of stock and the manufacturer hasn't provided another date for stock delivery, they are telling you the truth rather than tell you what you want to hear. The manufacturers usually provide a date of when the next delivery of stock will be except when it's a popular handset on all networks then there can be a complete lack of stock information.

The reason they offer you a deal when the phone is out of stock is to try and save you a customer, they usually confirm all the details so when the phone comes in it can be dispatched for you and you will get a special deal made to you. The rententions management will be asking for stock asap, as this thread is the perfect example, customers will go elsewhere therefore have an affect on retentions targets and unfortnately losing good customers.
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why would you want to upgrade to the N95 8GB when the N96 is due to come out soon anyway?
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
To address chippies comments,

Yes I believe I was lied to. I was popped on hold while he "confirmed some details" then conveniently told me no. At the end of the day, I can go to one of several suppliers for the same phone, and the same contract with no issues,and plenty of availability

Retentions, upgrades, customer services, technical, sales......... it is all 02 as far as I am concerned. As a customer I don't view 02 as a load of different depts, though I do appreciate your attempt to clarify.

Scott, I would have been perfectly happy with the n95 8gb, I am not a greedy person by nature. the phone specs fitted what I wanted, I have no need to have the shiniest new toy on the block. Otherwise I would have had an Iphone :womanindifferent: wink
Message 10 of 19