Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone & EE - Complaints On The Rise

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
People complaining about phone companies (and Pay TV) are on the up, with Vodafone and EE topping the unenviable pile of most complained-about companies in the field.

Ofcom have said that it was “disappointing” to see a rise in the number of complaints (between July and September) after figures looked to be decreasing. When it comes to landlines, EE and Plusnet got the most complaints, thanks to complaint handling, faults, service issues, and problems with changing supplier.
BT, Post Office HomePhone and TalkTalk also generated landline complaints above the industry average of 17 per 100,00 customers.
When it comes to complaining about fixed line broadband, EE came out on top again, while BT and Plusnet saw a hike in complaints. Talk Talk remained higher than the industry average too.
With mobile providers, Vodafone were the most complained about (again), seeing their numbers increasing from 14 complaints to 20 per 100,000 customers. This was mainly concerning billing, charges, pricing, faults with the service, and complaints handling. At least you can say Vodafone a thorough when it comes to irritating their customers.
The only other mobile provider to generate more complaints than the industry average were EE, with Tesco Mobile getting the lowest.
Regarding complaints about pay TV, BT angered the most people, with their volume of complaints increasing significantly from 11 per 100,000 customers to 25. Performing best, were Sky.
Claudio Pollack, director of Ofcom’s content and consumer group, said: “We expect providers to make customer service and complaints handling top priorities, so it’s disappointing to see a rise in the number of complaints. Consumers have a right to expect good service and will rightfully complain when that standard isn’t met.”
“Ofcom is continuing work to make switching easier and our complaints data allows consumers to make meaningful comparisons that can be useful when looking for a new provider.”
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just moved over from Vodafone.

Absolute disaster from beginning to end!

Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Don't talk to me about Voda - I couldn't wait to get out of there !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 23

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

3G issues from start to end,their excuse was it was constant maintenance and it would improve. Promised credits and then never applied them. When I chased it up they said it wasn't enforceable and I wouldn't get them. 

Eventually offered a penalty free cancellation which changed from being free to costing £700 to being free to costing £700 and so on so forth. 3 months it took for it to finally be granted. Took a further week and a half to clear the account of the £700 balance they threw on and couldn't understand why. 24 hours it would be sorted was the constant war cry.

Billing issues, misapplied discounts etc.... just a mess from beginning to end.

Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Hope you get a better experience here slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Welcome to the forum anyway @Anonymous. Hope your O2 experience is better than with Voda. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah thanks very much!

Things are going very well so far slight_smile

Message 17 of 23

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Our forum is better too slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 18 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah thanks very much!

Things are going very well so far slight_smile

Vastly superior forum here anyway tongue

. No question too big or too small....and hopefully a few laughs along the way...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Our forum is better too slight_smile

Oh blumming snap....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit