cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Tube Wifi and o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Us London folks have free wifi in certain tube stations courtesy of a deal with Virgin Media.

However, i have had issues getting it working with my o2 mobile. Where it previously worked fine.

The Virgin splash screens allows me to click on the o2 drop down. It then shows a page which says I need to register and to enter my number and I will receive a text. I do this but I get nothing.

So i use the o2 wifi app to re-register and this does seem to work but still no wifi on the tube.

Been reading and it sounds like a MAC address issue which is solved when a re-registration occurs.

This doesnt seem to work for me.

Any ideas anyone?

(Note: i have no issue with my Iphone 4S on Vodafone)

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quick update, used the O2 wifi app (on 4g) to remove the device and add it again via the SMS code. This worked and wifi in Costa now works fine. Got to try the tube again tonight to ensure that still works on Virgin wifi
Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Did you try this previous solution ?
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-conne...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw this post and have yet to try it from the o2 wifi landing page. Will try later tonight if i walk past somewhere.

I did similar in the o2 wifi app. By deleting the device and re-adding the device while logged into o2 wifi. Thought this might do it. as it essentially is removing a MAC address and adding it again.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That solution above is the only way we've known it to be fixed previously....
Let us know if it works for you or not please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried the tip above in costa coffee. Clicked "not you" It said something about my device being removed. Entered 1.0.0.0. Was able to get to the costa landing page. Says welcome back. Try a we page and no luck continually goes back to the landing page. My other device is an ipad and it works fine with no issues. Any ideas what's happening. As it worked a dream previously
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry, no idea.
Only other suggestion is to call CS on 202 and ask them to look at it for you.
I've always connected without any problems so never had to do any troubleshooting myself.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quick update, used the O2 wifi app (on 4g) to remove the device and add it again via the SMS code. This worked and wifi in Costa now works fine. Got to try the tube again tonight to ensure that still works on Virgin wifi
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Great - That could be the solution hopefully....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked on the Tube last night.

Now all working.

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 10