Did you mean: 

Viewing bills: We need your feedback!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Some members of the O2 team are having a workshop very soon in which they will review how Bills are presented to customers; Online, via MyO2, via PDF, paper bills, etc.

They've asked me to gather any thoughts from the O2 Community, seeing as you always have greatly presented views. So, we'd love to hear your thoughts on:

- What do the bills do well now?

- How can they be improved?

- What other aspects would you like to see added or displayed more effectively?

Can't wait to hear from you slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

The most common problem we get on here is printing and viewing older bills. There needs to be simple links on the landing page for previous bills whereby people can access them and check calls and charges.

Message 2 of 13

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Yes, there's a plethora of threads asking how to look at older bills. Apart from that though, I find O2 to be one of the better sites to check billing. The text that I get 14 days (ish) before my DD is taken is really useful.

Also if it can be addressed, when ppl pay off the device part of a contract and cancel airtime in the first month of taking the contract out, there's far too many instances of the whole of the 2yrs airtime being charged when it shouldn't be. I'm not sure that's part of what the workshop will be about, but thought I'd mention it nonetheless!

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

As per what @gindygoo has said above, the text & email system when your bill is due is quite good & a great reminder to check, the bills on the app need clearer links & possibly itemised call logs 

Message 4 of 13

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I've noticed that when using the mobile myO2 app to look at my out of allowance usage (mainly texting family in Ireland) that it pulls the contact name from my phone book. You would think this would be useful, but it's not... This is because it only pulls in five or so characters. This means it may say I've texted john, but I've four in my phone lol.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 13

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

As previously mentioned, viewing pdf versions and older bills should be introduced.

Also a clearer itemisation of the bill would also be helpful.  

Message 6 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great thoughts so far guys, keep them coming! slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 13

Mermaid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is ridiculous that you cannot easily view and download older bills.  I need them each quarter for accounting purposes.  If you're going to insist on all bills being online then surely you MUST offer a clear easy link for customers to access and print the information.  Just being able to view the current bill is of little use to me

Message 8 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We raised that very issue well over 12 months ago when the website was last changed.
There is nothing wrong with the way bills are displayed, or the info given, it's just the access to them.
Mind you, we were asked previously, before the last change and we said "change nothing" but that didn't happen either.
So, if you can fix the access to previous bills and leave the rest alone this time, that would be great slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Curr946 - never noticed that before, or the slider to turn it on/off - useful to an extent, but would be better to have full contact name appear!!

two suggestions from me:

1. ability to download bills from myo2 app - or even view any bill apart from last one.
  2. see what the adjustments/discounts are - again in myo2.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 13