Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor 4G service at railway stations in London

Chork
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Take your pick - Clapham Junction, Victoria, London Bridge and probably many others.  I can receive a high strength 4G signal on my iphone - seemingly - but the phone can't use it to download data.  For years O2 have been operating this phantom 4G service which seems to be caused by the density of 4G users in those locations overwhelming the strength of signal (at least I assume that is the reason).  Presumably, O2 could fix this by upgrading their infrastructure, but I'm not holding my breath.  In the meanwhile, what are the prospects of being compensated for this routine loss of service?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

On a scale of 1 to 10.....zero I would think! But, if you don't ask you don't get.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yeah, good luck with that, but do let us know if a miracle happens wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

You have more chance catching a virtually empty Central Line train.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You could try dropping down to a 3G connection (you would need to find the option in settings on your phone).
While this may seem like a backward step, the issue is likely to do with the number of people trying to use the 4G connection. As the 3G is less used the speed is probably going to be better...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5