Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using your uk tariff aboard.

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Douse anyone know will o2 still let there people use that uk tariff abound that is when we come out of the EU?
LGreenwood
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It is understood that the UK networks will still allow us to use our phones as we would at home but until brexit does or does not happen then no one is in a position to know.

So, simple answer, we don't know as yet.

Message 2 of 6

Luke30
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Three have already said on Facebook that they are still going to do use your phone abound at no exetrer coat when we go out of the EU if it happens.
LGreenwood
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As I say, it's understood that's what will happen but there has been no official announcement so far from O2.

Message 4 of 6

Luke30
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh OK so I will have to wait and see what o2 say. I guess they will send texts out to use and it will be posted out on the welcome and news page on here if it happens.
LGreenwood
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Luke30 

O2's statement on this:

We’re committed to providing our customers with great connectivity and value when they travel overseas. We currently have no plans to change our roaming services across Europe. We will be working closely with the government and other European operators to try and protect the current arrangements so our customers can continue to enjoy free EU roaming once Britain officially leaves the EU.

From here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Roaming-speeds-abroad/m-p/1217456#M108839

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6