cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Beware ! O2 will unlawfully debit money from your account when you are in the process of upgrading online before your upgrade order is complete. The transaction will show with your bank account however they will deny any knowledge of it. I was informed at first that I'd created a new connection, then advised there was no record of the order at all. Youtube link to follow ...

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The seven day holding (if it is seven days,) is only legitimate if an order was successfully placed. It wasn't !

They debited my account and denied all knowledge. Their website states 'We won't take any money until you place your order.....'

Again, once the email reply comes in, I will put it out there ! It's legitimate and all of my efforts to let consumers know will collectively make my case. 

The order must have been placed then. Contact cs again as you may get a more helpful agent

Message 31 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The seven day holding (if it is seven days,) is only legitimate if an order was successfully placed. It wasn't !

They debited my account and denied all knowledge. Their website states 'We won't take any money until you place your order.....'

Again, once the email reply comes in, I will put it out there ! It's legitimate and all of my efforts to let consumers know will collectively make my case. 

Hi @Anonymous If you feel you have a reason to complain you must do it via the official route here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 76

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144149 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
and you are only talking to customers here, not o2, so unless you follow the official complaints route, nothing will happen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Of course I've got their permission ! Just waiting for their reply; so I can add the screenshots of the email chain in the background. It can't be viewed as malicious as it's truthful. Even better if they deny it, then it's in the public interest as their site states that all calls are recorded and kept for two years. Distressing; maybe not, damaging, yes very !

As I said on your other thread if you have a complaint you need to follow the official route. This is a customer to customer forum and we have no access to your account...nor can we comment on it

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 76

MI5
  • 144149 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
We already know it's company policy to terminate any calls that are suspected of being recorded and they certainly won't have given permission for it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 76

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

You really do need to think about and be careful about exactly what you put out there on social media.

Message 36 of 76

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Payment details are nit taken until last stage of the order. Therefore the site must have processed the order, could be an error in fulfilment, but no one here can help. As suggested already, you need to get in the phone. Sending emails won't get you very far.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 37 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Corporations like O2 have a responsibility to keep information about their customers safe and secure. O2 state on their website that they are working with the NSPCC to help keep children safe online. This is why it is important to bring to their attention where there has been a clear failing so  they can put measures in place to prevent a similar incident taking place. 

The difficulty here is that O2 are not conducting their business in a right and proper way. When you provide a service to millions of customers you have to be accountable for your actions. This is a question of integrity. I would be very alarmed if I learned O2 where giving out information about their customers which includes children, in an unlawful and unsafe way.

I am making very serious claims. There are no consequences for me as I am acting lawfully. My posts are accurate and truthful.

Message 38 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the process of making a Freedom of Information Request as O2 have stated that they have no knowledge of any payment being taken from my bank account. My bank has given me the authorisation code for the transaction made to O2.

O2 is a large Corporation who provides a service to millions of customers including businesses. They have to be accountable and act with integrity. To knowingly debit money from a customers bank account and deny knowledge of that transaction is unlawful. My money has yet to be returned and O2 have not responded to my complaint. As stated earlier, when they do, I will upload a YouTube video with their explanation attached. I am already looking into their relationship with the NSPCC as the way O2 respond to this incident will reflect highly on how they conduct their business. 

Message 39 of 76

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
So we could be waiting upto 8 weeks for the movie.

Ps, a freedom of information request will only give you info the is / should be publicly available. Such as profits, customer satisfaction results etc. What you need to submit is a data subject access request wink
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 40 of 76