cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable
I looked at a handset upgrade today. I fancy an XDA Serra, price is shown on the on-line upgrades section as from free, yet click to see the tariffs that the handset is free with and there are none.

Elsewhere on the site it says upgrade customers get the same deals as new customers, but the cheapest I can get the upgrade handset for is £97. But a new customer can get it for £49 on the same tariff I have selected.

Other handsets I have looked at are not even available as an upgrade, yet are available to new customers.

Same deals? In your dreams O2.....
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Nice one. Sometimes all that is needed is to ask.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice one. Sometimes all that is needed is to ask.

Even though as O2 give the same upgrade deals as those new customers get then you should not have to.
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I gave up ever trying to get the Serra.

I was calling O2 from October about it. I was finaly told I could upgrade in store (would have to have an in store tariff) or do it on line as they couldnt on the phone.
I tried on line and every time it got to the point of coinfirming the delivery address an O2 page error appeared. NOT a windows page but one of theirs giving a number to call. called the number they couldnt offer the serra on the phone and had no idea about the web site.
Calls to retentions got me no where as they didnt have it on their system. Stores were pathetic as they never knew if they were getting any in stock and you couldnt order one from them.
Yes I even sent email and letters of complaint about it all and didnt even get any reply !!!
It didnt mater how many times I told retentions about the forum and the fact people were getting them from them or from upgrades they still said it wasnt even on their system. Yes i got to talk to managers in retentions too.
At one point i was poised ready to order a new one with unlimited web bolt ons (not offered on the online upgrade system that always failed) for the same price as the upgrade was offered. I have been with O2 for 10yrs. The only thing stopping me was the loyalty bonus... but thats crap now I look back at it. The only way to get this phone would be to order brand new and get the number shifted over.

OH and the best bit Vodafone offer it for £10 less for very similar contract!!!

When I told retentions this they said do you want you PAK code to transfer cos we cant help you!!

Major rant over. I have the ignito, for free and a contract for £15 a month less than it should be. Im still mighty pi55ed about this. I took my old orbit in the store yesterday to have the earpiece looked at before I pass it to the other half... Serra sat on display (none in stock though)
Message 13 of 13