cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable
I looked at a handset upgrade today. I fancy an XDA Serra, price is shown on the on-line upgrades section as from free, yet click to see the tariffs that the handset is free with and there are none.

Elsewhere on the site it says upgrade customers get the same deals as new customers, but the cheapest I can get the upgrade handset for is £97. But a new customer can get it for £49 on the same tariff I have selected.

Other handsets I have looked at are not even available as an upgrade, yet are available to new customers.

Same deals? In your dreams O2.....
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Elsewhere on the site it says upgrade customers get the same deals as new customers, but the cheapest I can get the upgrade handset for is £97. But a new customer can get it for £49 on the same tariff I have selected.

You can get it for the same. It's o2's Fair Deal Policy. Tell them what you have seen online. You may have been quoted incorrectly. Call upgrades.
Other handsets I have looked at are not even available as an upgrade, yet are available to new customers.

Such as?
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the two I noticed was the Orbit 2 and the Sony Ericsson X1. There are probably others. And I know the only way to get a Serra as an upgrade at one point was to write to customer complaints. New customers could get them though.

As for complaining about the price differences when upgrading the on-line (web upgrade) site has the reassuring phrase the you get the same deals as new customers just next to the 'Checkout' button.

But I should NOT have to complain, if they say the price is the same then it should be the same. End Of.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't tell you to complain. I simply told you that you could call the upgrades team.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't tell you to complain. I simply told you that you could call the upgrades team.

Which defeats the object of the on-line upgrade page.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

But with the time that you spent on here discussing it, you probably could have called up and arranged your upgrade.

The online upgrade page is still relatively new, it may just be that there a few system problems with it.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But with the time that you spent on here discussing it, you probably could have called up and arranged your upgrade.
The online upgrade page is still relatively new, it may just be that there a few system problems with it.

Nothing is perfect slight_smile
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

So there is a problem, oops, no one is perfect, whay not just ring to get it sorted rather then stressing yourslef out and moaning on here. That IS what they are there for, to help.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps I am not stressed, perhaps I have rang the retentions department, perhaps my original post is a warning to others that the website has several inaccuracies. Some of which are of dubious legality.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all
new here
upgrading at the mo to sony x1
called upgrades same tarrif £35 a month 600 mins 1000texts phone costs £97 ........ not happy
all phones that are free to £244 the same

having read this thread previously got put through to retentions
and
phone £48
tarrif £31 for 1200mins and 1000texts and unlimited web

happy
Message 10 of 13