Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Kenny1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have a contract since oct19, trying to upgrade to new phone, but not allowed for 3 months. This is ridiculous. Will be dumping 02asap.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Kenny1 

For new customers with sim only contracts you have to wait 3 months to prove that you can pay your bills ontime and in full before they will let you move to a full refresh contract.

If you wish to leave we have a help topic here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract but you must pay your current contract in full first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Kenny1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ludicrous rules. I have been a 02 customer since by cell net days. But not for much longer.
Message 3 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10162 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions
Is that on Pay as you go or on Contract, as the rules are very clear on every tariff, so dont know how you missed it..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I think @Kenny1  must have been on PAYG for a long time. Had he been on a contract of any type and made all payments on time, there would be no 3 month rule.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Kenny1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The shop said one month which I could have lived with. Three visits to find out it was three. No wonder they are one star on trustpilot.
Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Kenny1 There's always the option of leaving O2 for another network, if you're that unhappy. Just pay off your contract, and away you go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
You only have to wait till January which isn’t long. All other sim only deals with other networks will be the same. If you’ve been with O2 for so long you are clearly happy so why leave for the sake of 2 months?
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can tell you that EE are exactly the same(3 months), but only 6 months to an early upgrade!
Message 9 of 9