Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Jay5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why can I get a much better deal via mobiles.co.uk. to have new contract than renew via o2?. That's a new o2 contract btw?.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jay5 

It's usually because other retailers don't offer Refresh, flexible tariffs and some discount schemes.

However, everyone should go for the deal which suits them best.

If it is cheaper and is what you want, then you should go for it wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
3rd parties are just additional sales outlets for the networks and because of the high volume of business they generate, the networks pay them a commission. Part of this commission is passed on to customers at reduced contract prices, but they will all try and push additional products and services of their own to generate their own income too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you can get a tariff you are happy with and aren't bothered about Refresh then go for the best deal. Bear in mind though that you need to check if it's a 2 or 3 year contract and don't forget with O2 once the device is paid for you pay only for airtime.

Message 4 of 4