Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

jgilmour91
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! I've been an o2 customer for many years and am entitled to upgrade this month. However, I am struggling to find an incentive to stick with purchasing from o2 given that, for example, the Samsung S9 - over 24 months at only 5GB data - is £45 per month even with £60 upfront. Having had a look, I could get the same phone, on o2, via Carphone Warehouse - again over 24 months but with 30GB data (!) - for only £40 per month and £50 upfront. It seems a no brainer - unless you can advise otherwise? Many thanks, Jennifer

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions
There are many ways to get what you want cheaper than directly from O2... But you miss out on O2 Refresh (where your phone contract is separate from your Airtime contract), and also the option to extend or shorten your contract from the ubiquitous 2-year one.

I got my latest upgrade from mobilephonesdirect, and am plenty happy with it, given it was better than O2's offering even after factoring in the discounts available.

Take your time to choose, 2years is a long time to be stuck in a contract or deal you can't get out of...
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Go with the cheapest option for you wether that be O2 or any other network.
There is no loyalty anymore so just look after yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @jgilmour91 , welcome to our community! slight_smile

We put together this info topic around 'benefits of choosing O2' towards the end of last year, and I thought it might offer some helpful insights to your question also on top of what our members mentioned above! 

Hope to see you around on the community soon. Don't hesitate to let us know what phone you chose in the end? slight_smile

Message 4 of 4