cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade question, do o2 price match??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering, as I cant get through to anyone, if anyone knows if o2 do a price match?? Im due an upgrade at the end of the month and my son has just got a fabulous deal on another site which id also like but ive been with o2 for a long time so kinda feel obligated to stay iykwim! The other deal is at least £15 cheaper a month

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You shouldn't feel any obligation to stay with anyone at all.
A good signal should be your first priority above anything else.
As far a price matching is concerned, the short answer is no, but, you may get a retention deal if you call cs on 202 and tell them you are thinking of leaving.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You shouldn't feel any obligation to stay with anyone at all.
A good signal should be your first priority above anything else.
As far a price matching is concerned, the short answer is no, but, you may get a retention deal if you call cs on 202 and tell them you are thinking of leaving.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Just remember that if you go for a deal on another site you won't be able to get a Refresh contract, which normally means you would be signing up for 24 months with no way to upgrade before.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Loyalty means nothing these days. It's a competitive utility as is gas, electric, banking etc. Shop around and go for the best deal but above all else, signal and coverage is the priority....

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar situation, the galaxy note 4 is 27.50 with 80 upfront yet online I found

FREEHandset

• Unlimited mins
  • 1GB data
  • Unlimited texts
Only
£21.77
Per month / 24 months

Standard cost £27.50 p/m.
Save over £137 cashback by redemption

THIS DEAL IS ACTUALLY ON THE O2 NETWORK EXPLAIN THAT ONE.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There is nothing to explain.
3rd parties can sell at a loss and/or offset commission that they get paid by networks.
You won't get refresh from a 3rd party and you can't use open or friends and family discount unless bought from o2 directly, so do the math and if it's cheaper and suits you, go for it.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions