cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade offers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid I have to say how disappointed I am with the service I have recieved today. I've been with O2 for ten years and have 3 contracts with the company. I am looking to upgrade and the person on phone could not offer me anything like the deal that sky mobile is currently offering.  In fact it did not even come close, so that over 2 years there was a price difference of £252!  The person I spoke to did not seem interested that the company was going to loose a loyal customer and so I will be moving over to sky mobile and as soon as my other two contracts expire, they will not be renewed with O2 either.  It seems that 02 is not interested in retaining its customers.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous O2 have for the past few years operated a fair deal policy which means that everyone whether they are a new or existing customer gets the same deals. Loyalty doesn’t exist anymore. Be aware when you move to make sure you get good coverage on the new network in your area 

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Firstly the recontract team don’t work weekends, so call again tomorrow and you may get a different response.
Secondly, don’t be fooled by Sky prices as they are actually 30 months contracts not 24 so factor in another 6 months of payments if you’ve calculated it over 24 months.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Surprised you got to talk to someone in Contracts today - unless you were talking to someone in an O2 Shop, perhaps, @Anonymous?

Last three upgrades I did were in a shop - an O2 shop twice, a Phones4U (before they folded!) shop before that - and I've been a customer of O2 though each contract.

I hope you can get something that better matches your requirements tomorrow, if you get the chance to talk to them.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I will try the shop tomorrow! Think I spoke to customer services.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your advice.
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

As in all walks of life be it gas, electric, car insurance, home insurance and TV and wifi, you shop around. Possibly only the satellite and cable TV companies give you something extra or cheaper to stay with them.

You know from your own experience that ultimately you go for the best deal you can. It's your money and of course these companies are queuing up to get as much of it as they can and you are shopping around to give as little of it as possible. 

O2 in my opinion, and despite their fair deal for all claims, try to attract new customers and they get the best deals. Their true policy is take it or leave it and then it's up to you to shop around. In your shoes, given your experience I would just leave it. 

Sky I believe use the O2 network so in the grand scheme of things O2 would still be taking some of your money. 

Now for me, I couldn't accept that and I will be changing to EE for my next contract irrespective of any offer. They have taken away the two main reasons to stay with them, World Chat and 

TU, and in all of the 20 years I've been with them I've had a £4 and a £7 reduction for renewing my sim only contracts the over the last few years and I stayed despite being able to get the same or better deals with EE who have a far better signal in my locale solely for those apps. Customer Care? Customer Loyalty. O2 don't know their meaning! 

Just do the deal that suits your needs and pocket and that you are satisfied with. 

Message 8 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to our forum! Sorry to hear that you were disappointed. 😞 We will forward your feedback over to O2. Please let us know how you're getting on and don't hesitate to post again if you have any further comments.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I agree! Thanks for the advice.
Message 10 of 10