Did you mean: 

Unsolicited Text Messages

LadySunshine
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,
I have been receiving unsolicited text messages from 6299. I have complained to o2 who were less than helpful to say the least. I have been reading up online about it, and the article states that the network provider should be doing more to stop these sorts of problems. I have also registered my number with the TPS, AND THEN HAD 3 NUMBERS CALL ME trying to tell me that I've had an accident. I'm getting so fed up with this! How can I get this resolved?! (and yes, I've blocked the numbers, but more keep coming)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@LadySunshine

If you have registered with the TPS service, then it can take upto 28days (it isnt instant) for the data to become live,as this gives marketing companies time to update their databases. This doesnt cover SMS or MMS

If it has been over 28 days then goto https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/complaint

You will need to know the company who calls you, the time and phone number as well. And they will investigate.

For unsolicited SMS its not the TPS, but the Information Commissioners Office who handle complaints about this

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/nuisance-calls-and-messages/spam-texts-and-nuisance-calls/

Again this will take you to a page to make a complaint. , also forward the unsolicited text to 7726

The only people who can take enforcement action are TPS and the ICO

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@LadySunshine If the calls and texts are originating from abroad, which they most likely are, TPS and ICO can do absolutely nothing to prevent it. All you can do is block the numbers, but, as you are already aware, they change minute to minute.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3