cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited data bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I took out my contract in September 2010 I was sold a £5 per month bolt which gave me unlimited data downloads. In October/November O2 then changed unlimited to 500mb per month. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the outcome. When I queried it with O2 they said unlimited only applies to contracts taken out before 24th June 2010,but nobody told me that when I signed up!!!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Much discussed here, it was in the terms when you took out the contract.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Promotional 'Unlimited' data until 7 October 2010

For many of our new data tariffs and Bolt Ons, between 24 June 2010 and 7 October 2010 we are offering a promotion whereby customers will be able to enjoy unlimited data in the UK. If you are taking a data tariff or Bolt On which includes unlimited data in the UK during this period then the following excessive usage policy applies:
All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your sim:
in, or connected to, any device other than the one which it was supplied with or intended by us for use with (for example a mobile phone sim only tariff sim is intended for use in a mobile phone not a modem. This includes putting your sim into a modem, modem usage or internet tethering on your device unless stated);
to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, P2P or file sharing; or
in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the data access from your account or disconnect your sim or tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
source http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/ ... ndboltons#
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not dispute it was probably in the T&C's. My beef is I took the contract out over the phone and@ no point was I advised that this was a promotional offer expiring within a month of taking out the contract and feel I was mis-led!
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
But the T&C's are then posted out to you and you have 14 days to check them over and reject the deal if there's something in there you don't want to accept. After 14 days, if you haven't informed o2 that you don't want these terms, you've accepted them. You cant expect to turn round 5 months later and say 'oh, hang on a minute.....'
Calls are recorded and can be checked if the seller has said something wrong, but I doubt they will be kept for five whole months.
There is no unlimited data on o2 at all anymore, so even if the deal was at fault, it cant be added back on.
Message 5 of 18

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
No way out on this I'm afraid.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
While I agree I should have read the T&C's when I took delivery of tbe phone I stil maintain tbat at no point in making the contract verbally was I advised that the unlimited data was a limited promotion. I am fully aware that I should have checked the contract. I accept that I should have checked the contract, but still strongly feel that the fact that itwas apromotion should have been made clear at the point of sale, Carphone Warehouse!
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it's annoying but... Well it is what it is and 97% of smartphone users on O2 use less than 500MB.
Make sure you read the terms and conditions of a contract before blindly agreeing to them... It avoids these situations.
wink
Message 9 of 18

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
While I agree I should have read the T&C's when I took delivery of tbe phone I stil maintain tbat at no point in making the contract verbally was I advised that the unlimited data was a limited promotion.

Realistically, how much of the terms do you think should have been read out to you at the point of sale?

Message 10 of 18