cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown caller becoming a serious pest - what can I do?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone. I am being called every day now by a caller who will not leave their number. The number comes up UNKNOWN. Sometimes I just ignore it, but quite often I will just pick up the phone and answer it without looking to see who it is. When I answer the call, they hang up. Is there anyway I can block this or can o2 do something about it. I am currently using an o2 stella. OK, any advice would be most welcome. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can auto-reject the calls from "unknown" using call management software for Windows Mobile phones.

Check out the software sites, Handango or Pocketgear for example. They'll have free trials that you can experiment with before you buy.

SV
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring O2, tell them you are getting these calls, and they are making you unhappy. They can change your number for you for free, I done it before when a bunny boiler would not leave me alone!

Just ensure you make them understand it is a serious issue for you when you ring them.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or you could just ignore any number witheld calls, they will soon give up.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
i was having a similar problem. however, a couple of times, the caller forgot to withhold their number. i called my local police station, they contacted the caller and told her to stop being naughty. as it happened, it was an ex-bird who I'd previously upset... but she didn't call again after I went crying to old bill wink
Message 5 of 5