Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Unexpected' iPhone and iPad update threatens app glitches

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Be aware that if you update to iOS14 on Wednesday, some apps may not work just yet.

Owners of iPhones and iPads are being warned that some apps may experience glitches because Apple only gave a day's notice of the release of a major update to its mobile operating systems.
Chief executive Tim Cook revealed on Tuesday that iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 would launch on Wednesday.
Last year, Apple announced the release date more than a week in advance.
Developers have complained they do not have enough time to check for bugs and submit their products to the App Store.
Full story here:
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, not their best decision really.

Wonder if there's a rather large security issue that they've only been able to address via a major change to the kernel hence a prompt release.

To be clear I'm just speculating here but Apple tend to their cards close to their chest so I wouldn't be suprised if they reveal something like that once they are confident a good proportion of their users are on 14 and so it's no longer a major threat.

Message 2 of 2