cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised money removed from account

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had money removed from my O2 Pay & Go account by a third party company without my permission. I spoke to O2 customer service and they said that I must have signed up for the service. I am a 56 year old male who does not sign up with a ringtone company at £4.50 a week. We have no children living at home and no one else has access to my phone or my computer.

Searching the Internet there are reports of lots of other people that have not signed up with this company having money removed from their account.

I discussed with O2 that they must have a security issue if third party companies can steal money from my account. O2 say it is not their problem.

I and my family are considering changing providers as O2 have been of no assistance with this issue.

Has anyone else had issues with Payforit removing funds from O2 accounts on behalf of a ringtone company KKO Mobile from MyDoo.

Regards

Martin ( soon to be X O2 customer)

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to go to this website and enter the shortcodes that are charging you http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public.aspx you can lodge a complaint there and you may get your money back.

This happens on all networks and phonepayplus are the regulator and others have got there money back after lodging a formal complaint with them

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to go to this website and enter the shortcodes that are charging you http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public.aspx you can lodge a complaint there and you may get your money back.

This happens on all networks and phonepayplus are the regulator and others have got there money back after lodging a formal complaint with them

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It is very easy to inadvertently sign up for these premium text services when browsing on the internet. My wife had the same problem when registering on a site as a mystery shopper and entering her mobile number.

Usual advice is to reply STOP ALL to the short number and follow the complaints procedure here : http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

They are the regulating body for these premium text companies who make a fortune out of these schemes. It really is nothing to do with your network provider.

Message 3 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I discussed with O2 that they must have a security issue if third party companies can steal money from my account. O2 say it is not their problem.

They are right, it isn't their fault and the advice above should get back any monies paid.

This can happen whoever you have a phone with.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kilravock O2 only know so much about you. They don't know you personally. So they can't assume that when you say you didn't sign up, that you actually didn't.

Secondly it ISN'T their job to investigate this for you. You can investigate via the company that took the charge, or you can investigate via the regulator.

Sitting back and expecting O2 to do it for you, or just to take your word for it that you didn't subscribe to any of these services, you're always going to end up being dissapointed at the results.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is why these companies make so much money as everyone think they have inadverntly signed up for these services. It is a scam for ripping people off and I am sure i am not the only O2 customer to be complaining but O2 deny it.

Message 6 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It is a scam for ripping people off and I am sure i am not the only O2 customer to be complaining but O2 deny it.

We know it's a scam and you're not the first, follow the advice.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, I have put in a complaint to the link you provided. 

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the advice, I have put in a complaint to the link you provided. 

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also had the same problem

Message 10 of 11