cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable Level of Service has left me without a blackber

Anonymous
Not applicable
I phoned your O2 customer services, regarding issues with my Blackberry Pearl 8110. The issue with my phone was that, it had started switching itself off and on intermittently. After searching the blackberry support website site, it stated that to resolve this issue I had to re-install the software, which I then downloaded from the O2 website. After doing this my phone did start working for a few days, but again started intermittently switching itself off, it was at this point I called your O2 Customer Services on Monday 1st February. This resulted in sending my phone to your repair centre.

I returned home one week later to find my phone had been sent back, stating due to condensation it could not be fixed under warranty. Within the letter was no contact number, but directions to your website. Again I contacted O2 customer services, where I was then transferred to the repair centre, who stated that the phone was irreparable (which was not stated in the letter) due to the condensation/water damage. Aren’t mobile phones supposed to be used inside and outside (obviously not in the rain!), and therefore condensation shouldn’t happen? Also I’m a 28 year old female who lives alone, the phone is not water damaged – and I am not responsible for the issue with the phone, as suggested by your repair centre. I then asked to be passed back to customer services in order to discuss getting a replacement.

On speaking to your customer services, I asked if my upgrade could be brought forward – in which I was told I would have to pay the outstanding balance of my contract (approx £250) and could only upgrade to an iphone, if i wanted an iphone i would have bought an iphone. I then asked if I could buy a blackberry (either a pink pearl 8110 or a purple curve 8520) – in which I was told O2 don’t provide that services and to go to the Carphone Warehouse!

I have been a customer with O2 for approximately 10 years, in which I have referred a number of family, friends & colleagues to O2 due to the high level of service I have received, but I find this situation unacceptable. Given the current issue I’m experiencing I will not be referring anyone again.

The attempts to resolve the problem have not been satisfactory and O2 claim that there is nothing more you can do to help me. I will consider cancelling my contract (as I have a high tariff contract with no phone) and look at taking my business elsewhere, which in the current market there are better deals to be had with O2s competitors.

I've also as O2 to provide me with the evidence that shows my phone is water damaged/condensation - as according to this website my phone is perfectly dry and never been wet!
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Got_Your_BlackBerry_Wet%3F
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 offered me a refurbished blackberry, i accepted.

Finally!
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent news for you. Thanks for coming back and letting everyone know how it turned out.
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
well why should i have to be responsible for condensation in which i have no control over - as i did not store my phone or use it in inadaquate conditions - so just because the O2 engineer is not lying, must mean i am?? which i'm not!
i work with Server/Mobile technologies/Network hardware on a daily basis i know how it works. if it was my fault i would be holding my hands up and going through my contents insurance, but its the principle of the situation.
Also i didn't ask for it for free, i asked it i could upgrade early - but couldn't get a blackberry only an iphone & i also asked to buy one, which they don't do!

Why should o2 be responsible for condensation?
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why should o2 be responsible for condensation?

Is this a question on the effects of mobile phone masts on global warming grin grin grin

I think the OP's comment is more that the handset should be able to tolerate any condensation that might arise from normal use... although obviously not taking it into a steam room or something grin
Message 14 of 14