cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use tab s2 abroad for data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Bruges at the mo and still can only use my tab on wifi at the hotel. "Mark" and "Charlie" have both failed to be of any use whatsoever and I have lost patience having just tried "live"chat and been kept waiting as "we are extremely busy". Seriously unimpressed as I thought having the O2 Travel bolt on would suffice. Silly me...

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I may be wrong tho as I don't have a data only tablet tariff.
I suspect that cs should be able to confirm easy enough tho.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I've never heard of a tablet sim that gives you data abroad. You really need to speak to customer service to get verification.

Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

As far as I was aware you can get data tariffs....but not for use abroad....This link never mentions it..

http://www.o2.co.uk/tablet-sims

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Item 4 of the T&C's although not sure what is defined as a data bundle?

1. UK voice calls

Applies to calls made in the UK to standard UK landlines and all UK network mobiles. Minute minimum charges apply

2. UK text message

Tariffs include unlimited texts. Text messages are charged at 15p per message thereafter

3. Voicemail

Calls to UK voicemail are included in your bundled minutes, then 35p per minute thereafter. Except on the unlimited minute tariffs when UK voicemail is free.

4. UK browsing

UK data usage only. Data used while outside of the UK is not included. Applies if a data bundle Bolt On is not chosen.

5. Calls to customer services

Calls from a non-O2 mobile phone are charged at your providers' rates.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again chaps thanks for your help, but customer "services" are absolutely useless, you folk know more than they do and I'm still totally bemused as to why in this day and age a data plan for any device would not be usable outside Uk, especially when the bad joke of a "network" tell me that I have the travel bolt on and that I will be charged £1.99 per day of using data abroad. I honestly thought that 3 were pants but this lot absolutely take the biscuit!

Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Data abroad is exactly why I do use Three, but all the networks need to get caught up with the way customers need to use data these days.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 16