cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I have a nokia n95 8GB inbuilt memory and I am having problems sending text messages. It just says "Sending failed" even though I have signal.

Is this a fault at 02 end or is it my handset that could be the problem?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
As far as im aware , there are currenlty no issues with the network in sending sms.

Have you tried another sim card in the phone. Have you checked that you have the network sending number in the phone?
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I requested the SMS settings from O2 again and saved them and still no luck 😞
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
have you ported/migrated your phone number from prepay or another network yesterday?

if so then yes there are netwoork problems with sending sms

regards
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, my contract has been with O2 since october 2007. It was working fine up until about midnight last night.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The signal icon is constantly replaced by the E icon

I can make and recieve calls and recieve texts just not send them.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there, i am having the same problem with my nokia n95 8gb it has been like it now for over a week. any suggestions on what i can do to resolve this?
it is driving me mad. i rang up customer services and they said it was a fault with the phone 😞
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a couple of queries similar and have advised the following which has done the trick. It is VITAL that you save EVERYTHING on your phone, contacts, photos the works as this is basically resetting the phone.

*WARNING THIS WILL CAUSE YOU TO LOSE EVERYTHING ON YOUR PHONE*
dial in: *#7370#
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way I can save my messages? I have like 2 and a half thousand that I would like to keep.
Message 9 of 9