cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access security camera on DVR via O2 3G but ok on Vodafone 3G?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a security camera on a DVR on my home network which I can access locally and from a remote wireless networks.It also can be accessed on the Vodafone 3G network but not O2 3 or 4G.I have a static IP address.I  have spoken to O2 tech.......without success.Anyone else had this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Sounds like a port problem - can you change it in the cam settings?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

O2 will sometimes block certain ports etc - are you using a mobile device?  Have you had your connection opened to remove the "****** lock" which can sometimes block IP-based websites?

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.The ports are forwarded on the router to 5920 and 5921 , I have used other ports but with the same results also used DMZ for DVR I.p with no success.My friends iPhone 5c used the same viewer app and accessed my camera immediately on 3G ?

Thank you for your help

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying.Yes I am using a mobile device an iPhone 6   i.o.s 9.I am also using a static I.p. Address from plus net.I have not had any connection opened and am unsure what the ******lock is?

o2 told me they never block any ports and could offer no reason for it not working on 3 G.Access to the cam is perfect on wifi at home and from any other wifi network and on Vodafone 3G?

Thank you for your interest

Message 5 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Did you manage to get this issue resolved? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Martin

No not as yet - and  I have tried most things.As stated earlier all port forwarding checked and ok,works ok with vodafone on 3/4g and with wifi anywhere and I have a static ip address.So a bit stumped at present.

Geoff

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If you know what port is giving you issues call cs and ask them to unblock it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have called cs and tech support a number of times and they categorically state that they do not block any services or ports.Head and brick wall come to mind!!

The ports are fixed by the DVR and are opened to all traffic apart from o2 3/4 g??

Thank you for your interest in this.

Geoff 

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I have called cs and tech support a number of times and they categorically state that they do not block any services or ports.

Ask them if Santa is real too wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15