cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UKMail are a disgrace of a company

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I the only one to have had a nightmare of a time with UKMail.

Ordered my iPhone 6s Plus on Friday 16th October with expected delivery date of the 19th.

The 19th arrived and I received my email from UKMail telling me that the package would be delivered between 1pm and 2pm.  I tracked it for a while until I received a text saying that my delivery was next on their list.  I'm at work, so my husband stands at the window for up to half an hour waiting on the van and surprise, surprise - no van appears.  I check the UKMail tracking system and apparently it is now showing as "Attempted Delivery".

My husband, who has taken the day off work, attempts to phone UKMail but the number they provide doesn't allow you to speak to anybody - just automated options.  After three hours, he finally gets another number and finally gets somebody on the phone.  After a lot of discussion back and forth, it is discovered the driver attempted delivery at the wrong address.  I live at xxxx STREET and the driver attempted delivery at xxxx ROAD.  Incomptence! He is assured it will get redelivered the next day.

20th October - My husband takes a second day off work and again tracks the delivery which is on its way.  WHen the tracking shows there are five deliveries ahead of ours, he heads to the back garden for two minutes only to return to find a card through the door from UKMail.  Checking the tracking online shows the package is still in transit.

Not only did the driver attempt to deliver early, he must have have been really quiet when approaching the door as we have four dogs and not one of them even heard him - they usually go nuts when the door goes.

Now the online system is stuck at "in transit".  So my husband phones once again, and this time he is told that UKMail can't speak to him as it's his wifes package and not his.  

By the time I get home, I can't phone because they are closed and I can't reschedule a delivery cause the tracking system won't let me.

So now I have my first O2 bill, no phone and no sim and can't reschedule my package.

It is a disaster and I totally regret signing up with O2 now.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I really appreciate your frustration and we have heard some horror stories about UK Mail. Many threads on here complaining. The fact remains that if you haven't received your phone it is O2's responsibility to chase this up not yours. I suggest you speak to someone in the morning http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There's nothing we can say but this has happened to so many people over the last couple of years. As above, call customer service now, they are open and less busy at this time of morning. O2 need to chase up the courier.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Am I the only one to have had a nightmare of a time with UKMail.

No, you're not.

Type UK Mail into the search box at the top of the page.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

I am Meri the Community Coordinator. I am really sorry about your troubles with the deliveries and UK mail. I will raise this as an issue internally. 

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

I have got UKMail to reschedule the delivery for tomorrow (22nd October).  Another day off work and sit in at the window all day to make sure I actually see them. No confidence in this company but we shall see what happens.

Another thing has occurred to me.  When the driver arrived early and put the card in the door, he was in such a rush that he couldn't even take the time to fill in the card.  I still have the card with absolutely no details filled in. Aren't they supposed to fill in the card details like date and time, who they tried to deliver for etc?

What does concern me at this point in time is why do O2 bill new users before we have even received the phone and activated the sim?

Denise

Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Have UK Mail told you over the phone they have rescheduled, or have they sent you a confirmation by email? Talk is cheap. Before you waste another day waiting for them you should get it in writing. You shouldn't have to be chasing this up yourself. As several others have said, this is O2's responsibility.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What does concern me at this point in time is why do O2 bill new users before we have even received the phone and activated the sim?

Denise

This is one of the reasons why it is O2's job to chase up goods. It goes against the grain that anyone starts paying for a service they have yet to receive in my opinion. I wouldn't start paying for a brand new car that still was in transit....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the phone but haven't received any email yet.
Message 9 of 9