Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Mail Lost Phone & Consumer Rights Act 2015

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All/O2 (IF you read this stuff)

Ordered an Iphone 6 Plus and a SIM only deal Thursday 16th Nov.17

UKMAIL - yes those lovely folks said they could deliver next day 17th. So i took the day off as you have to sign for it.

Get a text saying its en route Friday am

Get a text Fri pm saying its delayed

Get another one saying they cant make it, it will be Monday 20th!

Cant get hold of anyone so my good lady offers to work from home Monday 20th

It doesnt turn up but their website tracker says it will be delivered Tues 21st 

I take the day off (again)

by late afternoon not a damned thing

O2 cant help and I get to the courier depot by going around the houses to find a number they must have forgotten to remove from the internet.

I speak to someone and get this - on the day of delivery friday the driver says he 'thinks' he left at the neighbours next door when I was in all day BUT didnt get a signature!!!!

now I am stuck in Limbo £700 poorer and O2 wont give me a new phone until they 'find' the other one?!?!?!

O2 PLEASE NOTE CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015 STATES:

Delivery rights

The retailer is responsible for goods until they are in your physical possession, or in the possession of someone appointed by you to accept them. 

This means that retailers are liable for the service provided by the couriers they employ - the delivery firm is not liable. 

The retailer is responsible for the goods until they are delivered to you and in your possession.

Late deliveries 

There is a default delivery period of 30 days, during which the retailer needs to deliver unless a longer period has been agreed. 

If the retailer fails to deliver within the 30 days, or on the date that has been agreed, you can do the following:

• If your delivery is later than agreed and it was essential that it was delivered on time, then you have the right to terminate the purchase and get a full refund. 
  • If the delivery isn’t time-essential but another reasonable delivery time can’t be agreed, you’re also within your right to cancel the order for a full refund. 

O2 you are in breach of the law

so give me my money back so i can go get a new phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my industry you'd be sacked and out the door before 24 hours were up!!!!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Very glad to hear that it finally got sorted for you after all the trouble @Anonymous! Did you receive the phone then in the end?

Message 11 of 11