Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Mail Lost Phone & Consumer Rights Act 2015

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All/O2 (IF you read this stuff)

Ordered an Iphone 6 Plus and a SIM only deal Thursday 16th Nov.17

UKMAIL - yes those lovely folks said they could deliver next day 17th. So i took the day off as you have to sign for it.

Get a text saying its en route Friday am

Get a text Fri pm saying its delayed

Get another one saying they cant make it, it will be Monday 20th!

Cant get hold of anyone so my good lady offers to work from home Monday 20th

It doesnt turn up but their website tracker says it will be delivered Tues 21st 

I take the day off (again)

by late afternoon not a damned thing

O2 cant help and I get to the courier depot by going around the houses to find a number they must have forgotten to remove from the internet.

I speak to someone and get this - on the day of delivery friday the driver says he 'thinks' he left at the neighbours next door when I was in all day BUT didnt get a signature!!!!

now I am stuck in Limbo £700 poorer and O2 wont give me a new phone until they 'find' the other one?!?!?!

O2 PLEASE NOTE CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015 STATES:

Delivery rights

The retailer is responsible for goods until they are in your physical possession, or in the possession of someone appointed by you to accept them. 

This means that retailers are liable for the service provided by the couriers they employ - the delivery firm is not liable. 

The retailer is responsible for the goods until they are delivered to you and in your possession.

Late deliveries 

There is a default delivery period of 30 days, during which the retailer needs to deliver unless a longer period has been agreed. 

If the retailer fails to deliver within the 30 days, or on the date that has been agreed, you can do the following:

• If your delivery is later than agreed and it was essential that it was delivered on time, then you have the right to terminate the purchase and get a full refund. 
  • If the delivery isn’t time-essential but another reasonable delivery time can’t be agreed, you’re also within your right to cancel the order for a full refund. 

O2 you are in breach of the law

so give me my money back so i can go get a new phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my industry you'd be sacked and out the door before 24 hours were up!!!!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not unusual this time of year I'm afraid !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Community admin @Marjo @MercedesS @Martin-O2 maybe able to feed this back. O2 won’t see your post here though

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Correct, the responsibility lies with O2. Unfortunately you need to call them. We are all customers here like yourself and they won't see your post. UKMail are notorious for this but O2 are ultimately culpable. 

You need to make a complaint

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Another planned Friday delivery (the last one posted here was also Friday but with DPD) Also didn't arrive. Theirs came on the Monday....

@Anonymousyou shouldn't have to be chasing up the courier. As you said this is O2's responsibilty until you get the phone. Make a complaint in link given above. Use Resolver, they tend to have better results.

Not surprising, yet again...'it's that time of year'....Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Anonymous! 

@Anonymous sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with this. 😞 In case we can help in any way, I'll drop you a PM shortly (private message here on the forum) to get a few additional details!

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Thanks for all the posts and support on this. I thought it worthy of an update as Im sure you couldnt make this up.....

Since the non-delivery last friday and 2 days lost working from home this week with no further showing despite the UKMail website stating delivery due on such and such a date...things went from bad to worse.

A total of 9.75 hours were burned on the phone to O2 Cape Town Call Centre between Monday and Wednesday night.

I also spoke to UKMail (again) and their driver says he left it next door he was sure but then didnt get anyone to sign for it.

I finally got someone at O2 I thought made sense and after being on hold for 33 mins ( yes 33 mins) they said they spoke to UKMail, phone found and driver would be at my house within 2 hours.

I cancelled a business meeting and high tailed it out of London to get back in time!!!

An hour past the schedule arrival i phone UKMail speak to (after 10 mins ringing) the same lady I spoke to at the beginning of the week. I tell her what O2 told me and she says "Oh, they have got that wrong. the driver was coming out to your street to see if he can remember where he left it..."

As it happens the driver did not turn up.

So back to O2 then i finally got through to someone, who then gave me the party line about cancelling contract etc. Discussions got heated, I spoke to another dept, they cut me off, then I rang again and this time a lady saw sense, decided to check if the phone had been activated and low and behold it had, on Sunday 19th! not by me but clearly by someone who shouldnt have it....

So UKMail website says its due for delivery on 21st November when all the while some thieving toad has my phone?!

Anyhow back to the smart lady, she gets a bar put on it, and orders me a new one and I pick it up tomorrow am -1 week after its agreed date.

Meantime - Complaints Dept have been in touch!

Wonder how they would all fare in the real world out there?

Hope all goes well with all other O2 forum friends

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What a farce and hope all goes well tomorrow for you mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousYou couldn't make it up!! Thank god for an advisor who checked to see whether the phone had been activated. Sad times when something like this is allowed to happen and even worse you being charged for a phone which is/was being used by someone other than yourself.

Really best of luck when you go to pick up your new phone tomorrow! wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All very strange and I got lost halfway through this thread. 

Glad you got it sorted out. 

Message 10 of 11