cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone here use Twitter from their mobile? Can you confirm whether or not o2 charge for sending SMS updates? Also, did you have any problems registering your phone. I sent my verification code to the number given don't know if it's activated as I've had no reply. Although the number is a +44 they say it's an international one and am just wondering if I need to ask o2 to allow me to send to these numbers.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
DaveC,

Thanks for the info!! I should be getting the phone today or tomorrow so will have to try it out. I don't think there are many (if any) apps better than the ones for iPhone. They seem to be leading the way!

Apparently Samsung has some OS called TouchWiz which I've never heard of so know nothing about available apps for it! I really like the S60 OS so am seriously considering sending the Pixon back and looking at something else...though not sure what. Slim pickings on o2 at the mo!

Thanks for the heads up on TinyTwitter though.
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tried to install TinyTwitter on the Pixon and it says invalid file when I try to install. I thought it supported Java apps!
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like the problem is with the Pixon!! I can't get any Java apps to install. As much as I like this phone it'll have to go back if I can't install apps!
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
some things cost less because they have had less spent on em.

wink
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone here use Twitter from their mobile? Can you confirm whether or not o2 charge for sending SMS updates?

The SMS will be deducted from any remaining inclusive allowance first and then charged at the standard rate.
Also, did you have any problems registering your phone. I sent my verification code to the number given don't know if it's activated as I've had no reply.

Twitter won't reply with a confirmation SMS. They won't send any SMS to UK numbers any more due to the high termination costs levied by the UK networks.
Although the number is a +44 they say it's an international one and am just wondering if I need to ask o2 to allow me to send to these numbers.

They would say it's a international one as Twitter are based in San Francisco. The number you send your tweets to is a Manx Telecom number. For SMS charging purposes, Manx Telecom numbers are classed as domestic numbers.
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the info.

Luckily I managed to get TinyTwitter working so I'm happy! But it's useful to know about the SMS stuff in case in need it in future. I'm actually really liking the Pixon now and think I'll keep it.
Message 16 of 16